BodyBugg vs Fitbit

Options
I was thinking about buying one but i wasnt sure which one to get, i did a comparison, and i read a ton of reviews. Because of the price, im leaning more towards the fitbit. but is it just good or woul the BB be a better investment? Thoughts please :-)

Replies

• Ashleymeganlove
    Options
    Bump
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Fit and the Fitbit Zip. I find the Body Media to be more accurate so I use that to determine the calories that I consume. I use the Fitbit to see how much I walk. The Body Media is more expensive and requires a monthly subscription fee of $6.99 per month, but I have found it very helpful to me. I would recommend the Body Media over the BodyBugg because you can sync it to MFP. BodyBugg doesn't have that capability as of yet.
  • mariaandnick2
    Options
    I have the FitBit One and I love that it connects to MFP! Plus, there isn't a monthly cost. It was around $100 to buy.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    it's basically a bodymedia.

here's a very helpful chart for you:

http://www.bodymedia.com/Products/Learn-More/Compare
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I will never be without my fitbit again. I find it to be incredibly accurate. I have the Ultra and had upgraded from the original. I don't log exercise at all anymore because it does a wonderful job of calculating. It tracks steps, floors climbed and you can monitor your sleep pattern. It's very discreet, I wear it on my bra and since I sleep in a bra, it makes it easier to track sleep. I even clip it to the bottom of my shorts when I bike and it tracks my activity that way. Best of all, it's a one time payment and if anything at all goes wrong, they are fast to send you a new one for free. I LOVE their customer service!
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have a body media LINK and a fitbit. I handsdown would pick the body media. It links to MFP, your smart phone( if you have one) and its more accurate for cal burn. Fitbit is nice if you want to see how much you are walking but not great for burn ( like cardio, biking, weight lifting) I find its worth the investment.

I paid $99 for my fitbit- I lost it 5 times and this last time I have yet to find it again.. VERY EASY TO LOSE AND WASH ( forgetting that it is on your pants then washing them)
    i paid $116 for my body media link- it comes with 3 months free online subscription too then $6.99 a month after
  • joyous504
    Options
    FitBit coupled with My Fitness Pal is the reason for my success. I've already pre-ordered the Flexbit coming out in Spring. Buying the FitBit was THE BEST $100 I've ever spent.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Ultra and absolutely love it. It is a great tool for helping to track activity as well as a general calorie burn. It helps keep you much more aware of your movement through the day, and I love the fact that you can track your sleep patterns with it. The wireless sync function is great, and its small enough I hardly notice it anymore. (not that I did really in the beginning) I would definitely recommend the Fitbit. If you want crazy accurate for calorie burning, get a separate HRM. For you activity, stairs, sleep, and general calories burned, definitely go with the Fitbit.

*edit*

The only bad things I have ever really hard about Fitbit's is that people loose them. If its a tool that you actively use, I see no way in which you will forget it, or loose it. I know I check mine about 10x a day, sync it that many too. If you are a person who loses keys, you might have this same problem. I never have, but I use the thing like it's meant to be.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Fitbit 1 has been amazing motivational for me. My daughter, some of my friends, and her friends are now all hooked on this tool! some have the $49 version, I have the $99 one. Either way the website is FREE and once you figure out how to sync it, it pushes me to walk more, use my cpap at night, (mine has the sleep tracker) and use the stairs at work vs elevator:laugh:
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I wear the Body Media Core and the fitbit together. I purchased the fitbit first and really liked it and just never stopped wearing it. I even purchased a few for giveaways to the staff because I liked it so much. I like pushing myself to increase step and add leaves.

The Body Media system gives me more information about calories burned which I find helpful. I was not confident in the mfp numbers and it has helped me. I was hesitant because of the cost and the fact that subscription fee, which if you pay for 2 years it's only 4.99 a month, but I have a lot to lose and I am in this for the long haul so I figured it was worth it.

Good luck with your decision.
  • shewearsfunnyhat
    shewearsfunnyhat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Ultra and absolutely love it. It is a great tool for helping to track activity as well as a general calorie burn. It helps keep you much more aware of your movement through the day, and I love the fact that you can track your sleep patterns with it. The wireless sync function is great, and its small enough I hardly notice it anymore. (not that I did really in the beginning) I would definitely recommend the Fitbit. If you want crazy accurate for calorie burning, get a separate HRM. For you activity, stairs, sleep, and general calories burned, definitely go with the Fitbit.

*edit*

The only bad things I have ever really hard about Fitbit's is that people loose them. If its a tool that you actively use, I see now way in which you will forget it, or loose it. I know I check mine about 10x a day, sync it that many too. If you are a person who loses keys, you might have this same problem. I never have, but I use the thing like its meant to be.

Fitbit is good about replacing lost trackers. The silicone in the belt holders are notorious for becoming loose after a few months. Its a design flaw and fitbit is working to correct it.
  • HuneeBunee08
    Options
    Are there any buttons on either device that you can accidently push and accidently reset your progress?? I hate that. And how the heck does it stay on while your sleep. If your a wild sleeper like me lol
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had Bodybug before and it kept breaking they replaced it but the replacement did not record data properly. The fit bit does not record data as well as Bodymedia FIT, which is what I use my wife uses fir bit and does nogt like that it keeps falling off while she works out.

I STRONGLY recommend the Bodymedia FIT link edition it works really well syncs to MFP and is fantastic. It is the best investment in health I have made. I feel it is better that Fit bit or BodyBug.
  • vmdave
    vmdave Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The Body media FIT is connected by a strap.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and I love it. That said I would get the Bodymedia one made by the same company and it syncs with mfp plus it tracks sleep