Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who Knew.....Red Hair and 10lb lost

Plwarder
Plwarder Posts: 30
edited September 20 in Success Stories
Who knew changing my hair color and losing 10 lbs could make me feel and look years younger.
First I was asked for my ID when ordering a Margarita (yes I was splurging) , I thought the waitress was joking or just being nice. Then when I was picking up my 14 year old daughter from her friend’s house, the dad thought I was her sister, not her mom. Wow Then I went to Roller Derby practice last night (I have not been for a couple of weeks) and though I have only lost 10 lbs, everyone was commenting on how "little" I looked and how they loved my hair. I was told that my hour glass figure and butt look great. To top it off I was told that my darker hair makes me look like Brooke Shields. Now I used to hear this comment all of the time, when I was about 18. Also at the end of practice we had to do bear crawls where we are on our hands and skates with our butts in the air and walk on our hands all the way across and back the rink. I have never been able to finish a bear crawl without stopping, but somehow I was able to do the entire bear crawl. Now I did vomit when I finished, but I chalk that up to eating something that did not agree with me, to close to practice. Either way I still finished. Overall I felt lighter on my skates, but not much energy so I probably needed more carbs for 2 hours of skating practice.This will definitely motivate me to continue.........

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Hey

Congrats on your weight loss....those awesome compliments are your motivation

Hearing someone tell you you look great, will do it anytime

Keep up the good work

:smile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    That's awesome! And let me just say I think it's awesome you do roller derby!!!! :bigsmile: And not just because of Whip It. My Dad used to tell me stories about Roller Derby and always wanted to see a match or get involved.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Well yes congrats on the loss!! I just have to say it's most likely the red hair that does the trick! LoL !! :flowerforyou:
  • djgirl83
    djgirl83 Posts: 4
    Red hair's the best colour to have!! :)
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Red hair is the best colour to have! Congratulations on completing the bear crawl (even with the vomiting) Next time will be easier!

To arielle: There are lots of leagues out there, you should totally do it!!

Cheers! jewel :drinker:
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    THATS GREAT!! WTG :smile:
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    I am sooo happy for you and I can't wait to feel that way! Red is the best...LOL:laugh:
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Thats awesome! It feels sooo amazing to hear compliments! && I LOVE the color of your hair!! Keep on rockin' girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!