Anyone doing The Color Run this year?

Options
I've been working on c25k to get myself ready for The Color Run coming near me this July. My goal is to run/jog the entire distance of the race. My husband and kids are attending as well, but they are going to walk it. Besides an arthritic knee that has snuck up on me (not as young as I used to be), I am really enjoying getting out there and just letting go and run, run, run! :)

Anyone else been or going? How's training going for you?

Replies

• sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one in August. I'm starting walking today, doing c25k or jeff galloway starting in March. I'm going to run half, walk half most likely - we'll see though!
  • aecole87
    aecole87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Color Run in New Orleans on February 9! Been training since early December and despite a couple of setbacks I think I'll be able to run the entire race. Maybe not as fast as I'd like but at least not having to stop and walk! I've heard it's a lot of fun!
  • deecapuano
    deecapuano Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I haven't decided if I am doing the Color Run, Color Me Rad or Run or Dye this year but I will be participating in a color event of some kind. Last year I did the Diva Dash and the Ruckus Run 5K which were both pretty awesome. I liked the Ruckus Run better but it was more brutal too. I'm figuring the Color Run won't hurt as much. It is still too cold here for me to think about running outside. I started the C25K program over to increase my running speed. Currently it is not fast but it is faster than the people standing on the sidelines!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I will be doing it this Sat in LA. Can't wait. I did the C25K to get ready for it... Some weeks I had to repeat and I still don't enjoy running, but I can't wait. I'm super excited.
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A girlfriend of mine just invited me to do this with her this year... And I think I will! It sounds like a blast, although I'm not sure where I'll find something comfortable to walk or jog in that's white, haha.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm mulling it over :)

I'm thinking about doing it with my kids in Cleveland this summer. I doubt they would run the entire way though, so I would have to mentally be ok with walking part or *gulp* even most of it.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    A girlfriend of mine just invited me to do this with her this year... And I think I will! It sounds like a blast, although I'm not sure where I'll find something comfortable to walk or jog in that's white, haha.

Buy a white tee at a craft store or something for dirt cheap and decorate it! That way if it is ruined you only spent like 4 bucks.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The Color run is a great race. It is not timed. It is a great family race. Just know that you do stop where they have the color thrown at you.