How have I lost nothing?!

Options
I'm soo gutted!
I've stuck to 1200 calories a day and sometimes eaten into my exercise calories. I've been walking loads and done 6 days of 30ds. The first week I lost 5lbs and last week I'd lost 4lbs so don't understand it?
Can anyone shed some light?x

Replies

• cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You haven't lost nothing. You've lost 9 pounds!

Marie
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You're undereating.

If you're doing the 30DS and only eating 1200 calories, you're gonna be frustrated.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think she means this week?
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    First-congrats on the weight you've already lost. You're not going to lose something each week. You might want to check out helloitsdan's post to make sure you're eating enough for how much you're working out. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 You can easily go some weeks without losing anything, then lose a lot then lose nothing again. It takes time Good luck!
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Drama much? Set yourself up for failure. Nine pounds in two weeks is an unsustainable rate and you'll learn absolutely nothing about how to eat and live when you're not overcompensating. Try to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Try to do exercise at rates and for time periods you can sustain for the long haul and become a healthy tortoise.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I don't understand. You've lost a substancial amount of weight. You should be thrilled. Actually, it will only slow down from here, as you can't really keep up those kind of numbers every week.
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    Yeah I meant this week lol
    And can u really undereat?
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ummm - it appears you've actually lost a lot??
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    weight loss isn't linear... there will be ebbs and flows.

If you're convinced you aren't losing, then you are either eating more than you think or burning less than you think. Or both.
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    My goal is 2lbs a week :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

Yes, check out the link I posted
  • Gitn_Fit
    Gitn_Fit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A lot of people will tell you to eat more. I did Shred while maintaining 1200-1400 cals/day.

I'll tell you that when I started 30DS I did the work and had the burn to lose 5 pounds. I lost 1. 2nd week of shred I didn't lose much either. When I stopped doing Shred it all came off the scale the next week. I took before and after pics while doing Shred and my body was changing, but it appears it was also holding on to some water.
  • Wilcome
    Options
    9 pounds is wonderful! Sometimes, after a significant loss, the body needs to 'recalculate' itself and rest. Plus, if you keep working at a calorie deficit, your body will adjust to a lower intake and perceive it as being starved. Thus, it will hold everything it can to stay alive. Your body is smart, treat it with respect and love. You can do this!!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Definitely. Will it slow weight loss? Probably not, at least not initially (and depending on how much weight you have to lose), but the weight loss won't be healthy weight loss. Most people want to lose FAT, not simply weight. Eating too little will make that harder.
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You've gotta ramp up your activity...your body may be used to how you're burning fat,so you have to switch it up...I know, I've been there done it. The body gets used to your routine, so it doesn't use as many calories to do what you do...(known fact). Don't sweat it, you'll be fine, don't let it get you discouraged.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Go here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-

Read all the topics marked with red pins.
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    Thankyou everyone
    I never intended to lose so much in a short space of time, my goal is 2lbs a week :)
  • Garfunklette
    Garfunklette Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First-congrats on the weight you've already lost. You're not going to lose something each week. You might want to check out helloitsdan's post to make sure you're eating enough for how much you're working out. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 You can easily go some weeks without losing anything, then lose a lot then lose nothing again. It takes time Good luck!

This.

Also:
    1) Increased exercise = increased glycogen stores = increased water weight. Don't panic, it isn't fat.
    2) 1-2 pounds per week is reasonable. The first week of diet change (no exercise change) there's usually a whoosh.
    3) Skip the scale. Take pictures, get out that measuring tape. Use your clothes as measuring sticks.

Best of luck!
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yeah I meant this week lol

If you are working out the way you say, yes...undereating is probably your problem.
  • Tiffy045
    Options
    if you are eating clean and consuming 1200 calories and exercising you may be eating to few calories. This will work for a little while but eventually you will stop losing. I did the same thing myself. I hadnt lost a single pound for a month. and thats while eating extremely clean. paleo. and i was consuming 1200 and burning about half my calories everyday in exercise. elliptical and jillian michaels . ripped in 30. so i had a trainer friend who had convinced me to eat 1700 a day. and i lost 2 pounds that first week. if you do a bmr calculator it will tell you how many calories YOU need for your body to just run. im no expert but im just telling you what got me running again. try it.