"Too little or too much"???

Options
I am starting Phase 1 week 3-4 today. I am 49 years old, 5ft and I weighed 125 at the start of the year. I have lost 2lbs. I have drastically changed my eating habits since the first of the year. I have always eaten pretty healthy. I do not fry foods and I don't buy junk food and bring it into my home. My problem mostly was the fact that I didn't eat enough. I do 30 min. a day on the treadmill, on a 6 incline level at 4mph. I then do Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I then do 10 sets of 12 reps. of 78lb leg presses and bench presses. I then move to the total gym to do 10 sets of 20 twisters. (My own weight) Then last I do 11 sets of 25 rep. situps (crunches) This I do every single day 5 days a week. I am using My Fitness Pal to track my protein, cals, carbs, etc...I have only lost 2lbs since start. I have noticed a slight difference in my clothes. And my legs seem to have gotten bigger. (Maybe they are swollen) I am calculating my calories burned from Circuit training to be around 500 to 600 cals. I have not seen a big change and this has started me thinking that I may be doing something wrong. Can someone please give me some advise. I have found reading labels on food that I buy to be misleading and very hard. I have been eating back most of the calories that I have been burning is this the right thing to do? My best friend works out with me. She is 7 years younger than myself and has not lost a pound. Should we be eating back all of the cals that MFP gives us for our workout. Although until this weekend we have been staying below our cal intake. And that is another thing is the calorie intake really that important. We are wanting this to be a life time change in eating and working out. Can someone please give us some advice.

Replies

• lynnhardinbrown
    lynnhardinbrown Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was just told on Jillian Michaels site that I was probably eating to much. OMG!! This is so frustrating. I feel as though we do not give ourselves all of the calories burned for our workout. Am I wrong? I feel that if we don't eat more than the 1200 cals given that we will hurt ourselves more than help. HELP!!!!!