Suggestions on how to slim down calves?

I have really big calves. I am currently running 4-5 times a week. I read that endurance running is good for slimming down calves. Just seeing if there are any good suggestions out there :)

Also, any suggestions for slimming down thighs without bulking up calves?

Thanks!

Replies

• ECW202
    ECW202 Posts: 13 Member
    I do this pilates video from blogilates and it burns my calves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I-c-yw5ZrQ
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Tae Bo Videos are a great one for that
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Calorie deficit.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    running and calf exercises...like hold weights in both hands while raise both calves up and down
    thighs - these are hard to target, I try to bike 5 miles everyday, but I think its one of those areas that comes with overall losses
  • jfang86
    jfang86 Posts: 19
    Your calves will appear smaller as you lose body fat. Your calves will also become less muscular as a person loses weight because they are moving less bodyweight around. Exercises that target your calves will, in general, make them appear larger because you are building muscle (which isn't a bad thing unless you're already self-conscious about it).

The running you're doing is likely the major culprit because it's repeated high-impact exercise of your calves. If you want to work your lower half to build more lean mass, try doing squats and lunges which will work out your calves, but won't repeatedly stimulate as with running.

"Thinning" your thighs is pure diet.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Thanks for the input everyone :)