not bloody working

Options
Insanity plus 1400 to 1600 cals per day (fater reading up on tdee etc and realising I need to eat more than 1200) and I still haven't lost anything. well I lost a massive 0.2 lbs this week, which makes 3lbs in a month! Help me!

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Lots of great info here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-

Read everything with a red pin next to it.
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Same story with me! "Insanity plus 1400 to 1600 cals per day" not losing any weight.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    How many inches have you lost? How long have you been doing insanity?

I am doing insanity and to be quite honest I am not even planning on losing any weight, but if I lose inches I will be happy.

don't put too much stock in the scale.
  • sanspounds
    sanspounds Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in a month is not bad at all. I try for one pound a week.
    try to cut out more of the higher calorie foods in order to eat more and feel fuller. I cut breads and only eat a 90 calorie sandwich thin one or two times a week. I fill up on lots of fruits and vegetables - they are basically free foods. and i drink lots of water.
    Don't feel discouraged, you are on the right track. and some weeks you may lose 2 - 3 pounds and then another 1 pound the follwoing week. We all have little plateaus.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Umm...3 lbs a month is not bad you know? In any case, trust the tape measure more than the weighing scale.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Expectations. Get them under control.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Patience, Grasshopper.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    3lbs is not too shabby for a month, maybe do another small increase in your intake and see if it makes a difference.

Another option is to invest in a HRM to measure your caloric burn activity during your workouts to see if you really are burning as much as you think you are (if you are burning more then consume more).

Something my fitness monitor has given me as is that I need to burn 1000 cals over my regular everyday activity and my caloric intake is 1500/day. Only if I go over 1000 calories burned per day can I eat more than 1500 calories, apparently that will llet me lose up to 2lbs a week and so far I have already lost 2 in a week!

So if you can find the right 'settings' for yourself maybe you can increase the fat burned off :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in a month is average, what do you mean it's not working?