Enchilada Cupcakes

Options
CurveAppeal86
CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
I've adapted these a bit from Emily Bites, but oh my God they were delicious!

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced small or shredded
½ cup enchilada sauce
2 scallions, sliced (plus more for garnish, if desired)
*optional* 1 T diced green chilies, drained
16 wonton wrappers (typically found in the produce section)
4 oz 50% reduced fat Pepper Jack cheese, shredded (I used Cabot brand)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, enchilada sauce, scallions and chilies if using. Stir to combine until fully mixed.
3. Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the chicken mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half the cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.

Yields 8 “cupcakes.” WW P+: 4 per cupcake, or two cupcakes for 7 P+ (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Nutrition Information per "cupcake" from myfitnesspal.com: 139 calories, 9 g carbs, 4 g fat, 17 g protein, 0 g fiber

*Changes I've made: I used salsa instead of enchilada, I couldn't find enchilada sauce anywhere I looked. I checked out 3 different stores, nothing. I also spiced the chicken before cooking it with cumin, chili powder, garlic, onion powder and pepper. I used jalapenos instead of green chilies, and used full fat cheese because the reduced fat sucks and doesn't melt.

Replies

• purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing.
  • dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yum and I love things in Won Ton Wrappers!!
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I make my own enchilada sauce and this would be perfect for it!
  • lbs32724
    Options
    Yum...will try this week! Thanks for posting!
  • leahj4
    leahj4 Posts: 7
    Options
    never had wonton wrappers, sounds easy enough, think I'll give this a try. thanks