Last week is the heaviest I'll ever be!

Options
I'm new to MFP but not new to weight loss...sadly. Last year was a hard year full of family medical problems and stress and I gained more weight than I'm proud to say. But I'm BACK and ready to get down to my goal for once and for all!!!! :) I'm working out twice a week with a trainer and it feels great/bad. haha. I'm looking for motivation and friends to keep me in gear!!! HERE WE GO!!!!

Replies

• JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Starting is the hardest part. You will get used to it and love the way you feel. You can add me if you would like.
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    Good for you! As everyone tells me, this is the first step. Good luck on your journey and I'm right there with you!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    welcome back~! You have company.....3 weeks into it and I'm down 6.8......so YES last week was the heaviest for you!
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome, what a great commitment you've made.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You have already made the first step congrats to you. Feel free to add me. I am on daily.
  • izzyslim9
    Options
    Hi, I
    I can't believe how much I weigh now! How did this happen?

A colleague at work and his wife have used this site to lose about 140 pounds between them and he has recommended it to me. I have been thinking and reading about weight loss for the last 6 months.

This evening I am going to do my first 30 minutes walk.

Izzy
  • jessnchris
    Options
    Its really hard to stay on track with all that life throws at you. Sometimes you get off track but being on here helps so much to stay on track. Im always looking for more friends to motivate and that will help motivate me so you can add me if you like!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You're in the right place. The support on MFP is second to none. I wouldn't be where I am (8 pounds from goal weight) without it. We're all losing the weight different ways, but we have a common goal. Healthy lifestyle, and sustained weight loss.
  • Unwritten88
    Options
    Amazing - well done, what a great statement to start with! I'm starting out again too and could use some of your motivation!
  • felela1
    felela1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, I
    I can't believe how much I weigh now! How did this happen?

A colleague at work and his wife have used this site to lose about 140 pounds between them and he has recommended it to me. I have been thinking and reading about weight loss for the last 6 months.

This evening I am going to do my first 30 minutes walk.

Izzy

I insanley feel the same exact way. There is no better day than today. Im ready ! Good luck :wink:
  • janisraymond
    Options
    :happy: I'm right there with you. I've tried to lose weight a million and one times and for whatever reason I fail and have to start again. I'm done with starting again...Today is day 1 for me of my transformation. I am determined to work out first thing in the morning to make sure I have no excuses to get out of it. Today I was successful and feel very good and proud. Tomorrow is a new day and a new challenge to get up at 430 am...

Good for you for starting again. Good luck!
  • khummel1966
    khummel1966 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me. I'm not an expert by any means, but we're all on this journey together and could use a friendly person to "talk" to once in a while. Good luck :smile:
  • stephcampbell77
    Options
    You got this!
  • rockstarsimone
    rockstarsimone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great Responses!! I'm loving all the friend adds I got! :) I definitely think support is the best way to stay motivated and committed. :) Thanks for the great start!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had such a hard year. I've been through a few rough ones lately too and I know how stressful that can be. You got this and we are here for you!
  • christinadonlon13
    Options
    I'm like u...new to MFP but definitely not new to the weight loss thing. I was really big into running a few years ago. Transformed my body from 210 down to 150. Then a relationship happened and he did not like anything healthy. Needless to say I went up to an all time high of 230. We split and since that time i have already lost 50. I'm at 180 right now and that was with relative no exercise and eating under 1000 calories. I was very depressed so that first 50 was easy for me to lose. Now i want to get rid of the fat and tone up and still have 50 more to go. That's when i discovered this app. My goal is to be 130 by the summer. I figured this app would give me the determination and the accountability to keep to my goal and not ever get that out of whack again!!!
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I said the same thing. In early October I stepped on the scale and saw 250. I've never seen that number before. I got MAD! I decided this was it - I was getting serious. I started my diet and nutrition program and then discovered MFP a few weeks into it.

In 4 months, I've lost 42 pounds. I'm now 208 which I think is close to my ideal weight (getting my body fat measured this week).

I think it's really healthy to channel your disappointment and frustration into anger and ACTION to deal with the problem and lose the weight. I have done that - and am left with a serious determination to keep the weight off and NEVER gain it back again!