120 days later, I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY MAMA!!!

Options
brit_ks_89
brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
(sorry, no pictures, cause i cant figure it out)

FIRST AND FOR MOST - my grammar is awful and my spelling is horrible, English is my first language but i still suck!

okay here goes

on july 29, 2012 i received a call from my sister, the second i got off of work .. literally my phone rang at 6:00am on the dot. I answered it and she seemed pushy - telling me to rush home but dont get into an accident ! as i walked into my house, the door was unlocked, that was rather weird for my sister and i opened the door and called her name - she said i am here in the living room and i entered the living room, I asked what's up ? her eyes filled with tears and she cried out , "MAMA DIED IN HER SLEEP!"

my heart fall to the floor and i begin to cry ! She was only 45 years old. She passed away from several health issues - diabetes , enlarged liver, enlarged heart and the list goes on...

i fall into a deep depression, worked as much OT as i could so i didn't have to feel the emotions! she will never meet her grand babies, never see me get married or graduate from college or see me at my goal weight. i began to stuff my face with food . i was eating nearly 4,000 calories a day and 90% of it was empty calories - in the 2 months after she died i gained 20lbs of pure fat - i was 23 years old - going in the same direction as my mama - I WEIGHED 307.2 !

i came home one day and cried for 2 hours and i told myself, YOU HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT, OR YOU WILL DIE at a every young age! i knew this journey was going to be hard, tough and very emotional but worth everything ! worth all the sweat and tears and pushing my body to do things, it has never done before!

a big thank you to god, for giving me the hope and strength to keep going even though i wanted to give up a lot of times.

a big thank you to my fiancee who has been there for me since 2010. he is so amazing - ill share a little story about him helping me -

one of my co workers asked me if i was losing weight for myself or my man !
I STARTED BUSTING UP LAUGHING , i said for myself.. DUH!!!!
i said that man loved me at my biggest and was there for every shred tear and held me every time i said it was too hard.

when i first started - i could barely do jumping jacks... and i started doing the pink method work outs, which is a work out and diet plan for females. As i was there in my living room trying really hard to do the work outs after 2 minutes, i fall to the floor and said, it just too hard. Daniel kept saying, come on boo, you can do it. and i told him, no i can't, it too hard. and he said, yes, you can do it ! i'll do with you , but don't tell anybody. i looked up and said, you will really do a girl work out with me and he said yes, just dont tell anybody!

every time after that when it got hard, he would tell me - baby, do the the beginner, do the beginner, copy the girl the in the back! come baby, don't quit, do the beginner - he would even pause the dvd so i can catch my breath but he never let me quit!

that man loved me and held me up even when i didn't believe in myself. he is my best friend and i love him so much

i am doing it for myself , but i owe my biggest fan the best person that i can be!

120 days later , I AM DOWN 45 LBS! - i have a lot more to go but i will never give up ! i'll keep pushing!!! i promise !

fyi - i didn't do the pink method diet just the work out - its easy enough to keep up but hard enough to test you !

i did that for a few weeks until i felt confident enough to go to the gym

if you want to see pictures, let me know and ill add you to face book and then you can delete me afterwords if you want..

Replies

• monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Well Done Love. Inspirational. XXX
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow....sorry to hear about your loss :(

Your progress is doing great and I love the targets and rewards that you've set yourself.

Well done and the best of luck with your journey.
  • SFBJaye
    SFBJaye Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are well on your way to your goal!!! Great job!!! My condolences on your loss... I'm sure she's smiling down upon you right now!!! Keep up the good work! You Rock!
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Huge hugs - well done honey, Keep it up!!!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational story! Wtg on ur loss and keep up the awesome work & u will b at your ultimate goal weight in no time! :) PS sorry for your loss but I bet shes so proud!
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This is amazing and I know your mama would be sooo proud of you!!

Sounds like you have a fabulous man there too!!

Keep going and well done!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    thank you everybody :] i know she is proud of me! - she always told me "baby, you need to lose weight , its going to be hard when you are my age!" sometimes, the worst moments in life turn out be our greatest victories !
  • caitsaunt
    caitsaunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and many hugs to you!! Great job!
  • davisphotog
    davisphotog Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your success and weight loss. So sorry about you losing your Mother. I will be honest, as a Mother, this is exactly what drives me to keep pushing towards being healthy. I don't want my daughters to experience the same pain that you are. My goodness, 45 years old, she was soooo young! Hugs to you and your family, keep up the hard work and dedication.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Sometimes it takes great sadness in our lives to make us wake up and make the changes we need. Glad you are doing this for yourself! Your honey will only benefit from it! :) Keep up the good work.
  • agreer2
    agreer2 Posts: 18
    Options
    So inspirational!!! Keep it going.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Very moving and inspirational. Sorry for your loss, but happy for your gain (in success)!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful tribute to your mom! I am sure that she is proud of you. Thanks for sharing your success!
  • katattak73
    Options
    Im so sorry about our mom, that was way to early for her to go ;( But congrats to you for having faith and letting God help lift you up....I know you can do it, keep pushing and moving forward and you are definately blessed with a supportive man ;)
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your mom. You, however, are such an inspiration. You are also very lucky to have such a supportive boyfriend. Keep on rocking; you're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!