Your NEW Favorite Foods!

Options
I got fat on chocolate. Almost exclusively. I could knock back an entire bag of the stuff you are supposed to give out at Halloween in a single sitting.

I have always liked tomatoes, corn, black beans, devilled eggs, and milk. Now that I am not sitting in front of the TV with a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups, I find I am quite happy to eat those things instead.

What foods do you find yourself reaching for all the time now? You new staples that you just can't live without? I saw a post earlier about pickles. Sodium aside, those aren't a bad choice, either. Let's see what the most popular foods are on MFP. :-)

Replies

• cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've always liked them, but I eat alot of avocados now. and I add spinach to as many things as I think I can. ha ha
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My new favorite food is Earth Balance Coconut & Peanut Spread...so yummy. Like peanut butter but with only 7 grams of carbs which is great for me because I am on a low carb eating plan.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I make a "fake cinnabon" that I really like. I use Joseph's bakery flax and oat bran lavash (100 calories, 10g protein, 8 net carbs) for the bread and I mix cinnamon, splenda, torani sugar free vanilla syrup, and So Delicious coconut creamer for the icing, microwave it, then pour it over the bread and microwave it again. It tastes like a cinnabon but it's only 120 calories and high protein/low carb/low sugar.
  • cnlargent
    Options
    ^ now that sounds like some good food.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    ^ now that sounds like some good food.
    It's amazing :D I eat it pretty much every day (sometimes twice)
  • sltpsu15
    sltpsu15 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've always liked them, but I eat alot of avocados now. and I add spinach to as many things as I think I can. ha ha

Avocados are mine too...love them!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I make a "fake cinnabon" that I really like. I use Joseph's bakery flax and oat bran lavash (100 calories, 10g protein, 8 net carbs) for the bread and I mix cinnamon, splenda, torani sugar free vanilla syrup, and So Delicious coconut creamer for the icing, microwave it, then pour it over the bread and microwave it again. It tastes like a cinnabon but it's only 120 calories and high protein/low carb/low sugar.

I love Joseph's Lavash and always keep a stock pile of them in my freezer for when the store runs out (they don't always carry it). I'll def have to try this out.

Also, Joseph's Lavash as a pizza crust is great. And I've also cut it into chip shapes and baked it til crispy. Then serve it with salsa. Yum.
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with sugar free syrups, center cut lean pork bacon, tilapia, chicken breast, spinach. These are my main daily staples. It used to be McDonalds and Wendy's or friend chicken from somewhere...literally every day!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Kale, brussel sprouts, fennel
    Hummus
    Ezekial bread
    Almond butter
    Greek yogurt

To name just a few ......
  • cnlargent
    Options
    Hummus, yes, forgot about hummus
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I crave broccoli, oatmeal, carrots, snow peas...i have no desire for my old "fat foods"
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter
    quinoa
    steamed veges with a little bit of ranch and franks hot sauce drizzled on top
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Those skinny buffolo egg rolls and the biggs loser sweet potato skins.
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Dried banana chips too!
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Berries!
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My new favorite food is Earth Balance Coconut & Peanut Spread...so yummy. Like peanut butter but with only 7 grams of carbs which is great for me because I am on a low carb eating plan.

That sounds yummy! How is it on sugar? I may have to try it, because I *love* peanut butter.
  • bruningk78
    bruningk78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bell peppers! not the green ones though...only red,yellow and orange. the green ones taste bitter to me. seriously, was never into them and now I LOVE them....raw or roasted...so good