Lower Carb Intake and the Tracker

Options
Hey---

I am eating in a vague south beach phase 2 way---not truly SB because I do not restrict carbs that come from, say, fruit, but I am pretty serious about limiting starchy foods. I eat Kashi cereal every morning, and after that I have 0-1 serving of starchy foods, maybe1 slice of bread or a half cup of brown rice. I am eating a LOT of fat but I try to stick exclusively to "good fats"
olive oil, avocado, nuts, etc

Every day I am under my calories for the day, but OVER and into red on protein and fat, and way under the carb allowance.

Is there a way to set the tracker so that it is tracking for a low-carb diet. I am not sure if I am eating too much fat or protein or not enough?

If there is NOT a way to set the tracker, can someone tell me some good targets in terms of fats and proteins to shoot for on a regular basis?

Here are my numbers....

One a typical day, I eat between 1400 - 1600 calories (Base Target is 1440, but I work out every day.)

Carbs I had between 90 - 110 I am allowed 246

Fat I had between 100 - 150 I am allowed 59

Protein I had between 90 - 100 I am allowed 67

Replies

• slsherwood51
    slsherwood51 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can change your goals to something more custom. It doesn't let you change it completely, but you can change what you track and the levels. It keeps things in perspective though, so I've found if I really want to track my protein, I can get that where I want but other things are off because the default keeps protein a certain percentage of my diet.

It's like when you edit photos and you want to keep things in perspective. You can change the width, but it automatically changes the height to match that new width.

From the help menu:

To customize your nutrition goals, click on the "My Home" tab, then click on "Goals", then "Change Goals". Choose the "Custom" option, and you'll be taken to a page where you can set your goals to whatever values you'd like.

Please note, even if you do customize your goals, once you add exercise in under the cardiovascular section, your fixed goals will change to match your new requirements from exercise.