There's no time like now!!!

Options
I just started with MFP and I'm really excited! If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate them!
69053.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• dskyer
    dskyer Posts: 12
    Options
    I just started with MFP and I'm really excited! If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate them!
    69053.png
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Dskyer :wink:

My best tip...come here everyday for support. :wink:

What kind of exercise are you planning to do this week?

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • dskyer
    Options
    :happy:
    Thanks for the welcome, Lavender! I usually only walk, but my hubby just got me the Wii Fit and I have to use it more, so that's where I'm looking. I don't have weights, but I have an Ab Lounger that is just sitting there, so I might as well use it.

What kinds of exercises do you do?
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    welcome to the family:flowerforyou:
    and i agree with Lavender lol
    you'll find this site very helpful
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Welcome.. the best advice i can give is LOG everything.. even nibbles and licks and tastes.... it makes a huge difference... and once u realize u spend so much time logging.. and see what your doing you will make lovely changes... GOOD LUCK WELCOME.... and HAVE FUN :bigsmile:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    Come into the 25 TO LIFE MONTH 3 thread!
    Log in all your food. Eat your exercise calories. (I do Dance Dance Revolution on PS2!) on Mon., Wed. Fri. and floor exercises. Log in your weight on Mondays and your measurements on the first of each month! We have our own little support group in there!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Welcome :bigsmile: you will love it here! Walking is great excercise (love it) swimming is also great. I recently took up jogging, which is HARD but exhilerating.

Best tip I can give is keep a positive outlook. There will be a day when all your hard work will have been worth it :flowerforyou:
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I agree, walking is a great way to loose weight. Take one day at a time. Try not to look to far ahead. :bigsmile:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello D,

Right now I practice yoga daily, speed walk 30min, and strength train with weights at home. :bigsmile:

As I gain strength and stamina I am looking forward to trying some new sports. :tongue:

Can't wait to try something like windsurfing this summer on vacation! :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • kahoots
    kahoots Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    16979.png
    Welcome! As an adult I have never really been "ACTIVE" until now. It was hard for me to try things that were not familar to me. My husband and I have pretty much become addicted to playing tennis. Its really fun and it burns a lot of calories. Especially if you start out not doing so well, you spend a lot of time running after the ball.. Well good luck to you.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck!!!

Just take it a day or a week at a time..don't put so much pressure on yourself....just focus on treating your body with the respect it deserves. Take baby steps towards a healthier lifestyle and I guarantee in a short time, your whole outlook on things will change and all the small, healthy losses will add up. They did for me...down 88 lbs now!! :wink:

-Tami
  • dskyer
    Options
    Hi All,

Thanks for all of the words of encouragement! I didn't get the exercise in today the way I wanted. It's 95 degrees and very humid in Central New York. I did manage to walk a little however walking my kids down the street to go swimming at a friends' house. I won't get in a bathing suit this year I don't think, but we'll see! I'll definitely be around!!!

-D