May Be a Stupid Question.....but......

Options
I have notice that my shoes seem to be getting bigger. I have always had big feet (9 1/2 to 10) or in heels a 9.....but I have noticed that now my size 9 heels are feeling more like flip flops these days because when I walk they are flopping down. When losing weight do your feet get smaller too?!?!

Replies

• toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mine have.:smile:
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options
    Not a stupid question....but to answer it, yes your feet definitely get smaller. Nice, right? I'm a size 10 and even though I am 5'10 having a size 10 foot makes me feel a bit non-feminine. I can't wait for my feet to go down. Good for you!
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    Yes they actually do! lol..I use to wear size 9 heels and now I can fit into a 6.5 - 7size. Don't you love it?
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! Sandals that used to be on the last hole in the buckle I am now tightening.
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    I had been wondering the same thing...now I know. Thanks!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Mine too! Specially on the top of the foot, they are loose now! I think alot of mine is watching the sodium, I dont tend to swell as much as I used to!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yep. Mine have gotten smaller.
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing. I bought a pair of shoes in December and I put them on yesterday and I thought, "Have my feet shrunk" There was so much room in them.. I thought I was going crazy. I am glad you posted this. :wink:
  • beccasetsfire
    beccasetsfire Posts: 135
    Options
    I think it might depend on your feet... Atleast I hope it does... My feet are already boney! ugh...
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    me too. My feet can now fit nicely and almost loose in the closed toe sandals without blisters. Woot Woot
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i went from a 8 1/2 almost wide to a narrow 7-71/2
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I've lost a size and my good work boots fit like clown shoes. Which sux,,, I've had these for 5 years, had them resoled 3 times, they'll cost $250 to replace. Dammit,,, :grumble:
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Glad to know I can look forward to not only a new wardrobe but new shoes as well! :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    me too! I think it's both the loss of a layer of fat under the skin and also less pressure from your smaller body weight pressing down on your feet. just like during pregnancy, feet spread, this is the opposite effect.

My wedding ring is also getting loose- don't wanna size that :( cutting into my band kinda makes me feel sick thinking about it
  • CasperO
    Options
    How do you feel about losing your wedding band?

I need to get mine done,,, it costs $30, and when they're done you can't tell. No biggie.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    You're right, I know, and I'd be heartbroken if I lost it. I'm not in danger of that ...yet. I'm just very very attached to it, and the knowledge that they'll cut it open to remove some of the gold is a hard one for me. Hubby and I designed it ourselves, and it's made from the gold from my grandmother's wedding band. So I know it isn't logical, but I can't help how I feel :ohwell:
  • CasperO
    Options
    So have the jeweler give you the piece he removes. Then design yourself something else, and when you have it made have the jeweler melt in the piece. It's just metal, it'll allloy right in like adding water to a glass of,,, water. Then you'll have another new piece with a bit of grandma's gold in it. :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    that's a pretty awesome idea........:heart:

• lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    yes, mine did as well...
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    Congrats to all on the loss. I do have 1 question though. I myself wear depending on the shoe between a 8-91/2 and I always thought my feet were huge but then I started noticing that every time I go to buy shoes the sizes that have the most sold are the 81/2-10 so unless 1 woman with big feet is going shoe store to shoe store buying all those sizes up then hey guess what? The sizes we consider big are actually average!! lmao it's just like how most people think a size 6 and lower is average but I looked it up and it's not the average woman wears between a 14-16