Goodbye Lane Bryant. Hello Victoria's Secret

Options
sbilyeu75
sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
Well, I went bra shopping today. I've been going to Lane Bryant's lingerie store Cacique. I got measured and was informed that I was too small for thier bras. I headed over to Victoria's Secret and tried on the bras. I paid more than I wanted to and I'm sure I'll go back in a few months for a smaller one. But I'm just happy to only need two clasps again.

Replies

• TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    YAY congratulations!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Well, I went bra shopping today. I've been going to Lane Bryant's lingerie store Cacique. I got measured and was informed that I was too small for thier bras. I headed over to Victoria's Secret and tried on the bras. I paid more than I wanted to and I'm sure I'll go back in a few months for a smaller one. But I'm just happy to only need two clasps again.

Thats so great!! I bet you were happy dancing all the way to vs!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great! :happy: Victoria's Secret will only be shopped at by me once I hit my goal weight/size. I'm in between cup sizes now, *sigh*
  • click
    click Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    that's great! if you want a better value for the same price and like something pretty i'd figure out what deparment store in your area has a good lingerie section and go... check out felina (inexpensive, about $30 per bra, but only so because the material is lesser to something like chantelle but the construction is similar! win!), wacoal is widely available too and you could splurge on le mystere.

i'm a big lingerie fan and probably spend as much as on clothes..

you really only need 3 good bras-- a versitile one, a beige one and a black one, preferably one of those is plunge so you can wear deep vs etc.

Marie Jo convertible molded bra (only converts to criss-cross and halter) is my favorite, I think they go up to 38DD but I could be wrong. Their bands don't run tight, either.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling! Congrats!!
  • rula39
    rula39 Posts: 26
    Options
    Great for your!!!!!! Thats where I get my bras right now at Lane Bryant. I cant weight not to shop there anymore. How much have you lost so far?
  • sbilyeu75
    Options
    that's great! if you want a better value for the same price and like something pretty i'd figure out what deparment store in your area has a good lingerie section and go... check out felina (inexpensive, about $30 per bra, but only so because the material is lesser to something like chantelle but the construction is similar! win!), wacoal is widely available too and you could splurge on le mystere.

i'm a big lingerie fan and probably spend as much as on clothes..

you really only need 3 good bras-- a versitile one, a beige one and a black one, preferably one of those is plunge so you can wear deep vs etc.

Marie Jo convertible molded bra (only converts to criss-cross and halter) is my favorite, I think they go up to 38DD but I could be wrong. Their bands don't run tight, either.

I completely agree with the 3 bra thing. I just got two today. I nice beige and a black one. Getting fitted for a bra (especially after birthing my daughter) was one of the best things I ever did for myself.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Bras from Victoria Secret are sooooooo my weakness. So far I'm still fitting into my 36Ds and 38Ds, altho the 36's fit a bit better and I'm wearing them on the second or last clasp. 25 pounds and my boobs haven't shrank, thank goodness. I'll probably need a few new ones when I'm done, but I love spending money on lingerie almost more than clothes that people actually see... hehehe
  • sbilyeu75
    Options
    I'm actually happy to be losing some boobs. For me, once they get too big, they are just in the way.
  • migallen
    migallen Posts: 13
    Options
    Congratulations and good job! I know that is a very good feeling. I was almost in tears when I had to go up to a DD, that I decided it was time to get in shape. MFP has helped alot, and so have my mfp friends. Keep up the good work!
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Your heading "Goodbye Lane Bryant, Hello Victoria's Secret" made me laugh....I love it

I am so happy for you

Keep up the good work!!!!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    Your heading "Goodbye Lane Bryant, Hello Victoria's Secret" made me laugh....I love it

I am so happy for you

Keep up the good work!!!!

same here made me laugh too... but the only thing is... i hate shopping for bras... or undies in general... >.< i guess that the side of being a tom boy.. >.<
    i feel very uncomfortable to shop for any bras... that is why im glad my mom does it for me. but she knows what i like so i dont worry hehe :p i know, i need to woman up more lol

but congrats :) really happy for you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!