in your 50's

Options
I am a 54 year old woman looking to share with woman in the same boat as I'm in. With dieting, I am a repeat offender. I have been on every diet out there. Now I am just counting the cals and hoping for the best. I am going through "the change", I have 2 grown daughters and a wonderful hubby. My dog and my cat are my babies now. :) Oh and I am a shift worker. Sometimes that can be tricky. So there you have it. The basics. Anyone want to be my buddy?

Replies

• wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am turning 56 in a little over a week. Have done this dieting thing about once every 5 years. On and off again smoker. Quite for 8 years start for two years quit for 7 years start for 1 quit for 3 years start for 1. And with the quitting every time comes the weight. I have never been more than 25 pounds over weight but each time I struggle to take it off. I am post menapausal, raised 5 children and now my dog is my baby. I started January 3 and am sticking to my guns. Logging food and exercise encourages me to eat healthy and exercise more. I'll support you if you wish.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 50 and a half, and trying to lose back the pounds that crept (?) back over Christmas.
    Feel free to add the laziest smoker you're likely to find on here if you like!
    :laugh:
  • lilsis10
    lilsis10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to be your friend. I'm 52 and have about 80 pounds to lose. Add me, if you'd like.
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    I would love to be your buddy! I am 54 and I have also be on every diet imaginable! I am making slow progress on this but I AM making progress. I have 40-50 more lbs to lose.
  • kaleksy
    kaleksy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also 54 and trying to lose weight. It is a struggle. My nephew is getting married in July which pushed me to start. I have 3 boys, 2 in college and 1 in high school. Ideally, I would like to lose 70 pounds. I have a friend that I walk with. She has lost over 70 pounds in the last 11 months. She is my inspiration!!! I would love to be your friend.
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would love some more girlfriends!! I am 52 and love MFP. I have 2 grown daughters also. We have 2 dogs that are our kids now. I have 40 pounds to go. Please feel free to add me!
  • woolly43
    Options
    Hi, I am 52 years old and have started the 5:2 diet today!! Loads to lose but initial goal 39lbs, baby steps all the way. I am new to MFP and am still finding my way around but am looking forward to support from and also to supporting other members so would love to come aboard.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies..

just wanted to welcome any new peeps to MFP and let you know there are lots of groups for women our age on the site; needless to say between menopause and all it's joys(fun..wow!) and and having made it to five decades or so of life.. we have slightly different challenges and history than some of the young'uns whoa re also working on their health. ( in our goal to become healthy and fit at this stage of our lives.. its nice to have others who understand sometimes exactly what you're going thru on occasion lol)

congrats on making the decision to come here (or stumbling across MFP like some of us LOL)

I've posted some of the links to a few groups I know of for women around 50ish as its a little confusing when you first get here (or it was for me).. but if you use the search function in the groups tab, there's probably loads more too I still havent found.. :laugh:
    There's loads of great information and advice on the message boards too.. but don't panic if its a bit overwhelming at first... we've all been right where you are!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9239-the-ladies-who-lunch

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4855-woman-over-50

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6894-menopausal-mad-hatters
  • denisetatum
    Options
    I am 52 and have 3 Grown children and 4 Grandchildren. Post Menaposual since I was 28 and have struggled with my weight on and off for all these years. First I blamed it on the hormones I was taking, but have been off those for about 5 years now and still have weight issues.

I Love this app and am starting out small steps too.
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Im 52, with 30 lbs to loose which is a challenge at this age, feel free to add me, I can be good support, dieting off and on for 40 yrs give one experience, this site gives me motivation not to quit. The more friends the better. I have Jack russells that are my kids now!!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in 2 years and want to be fit before then. I would love to be your friend. We can do this!!! :)