Blisters?

Options
I wear converse chucks, I know they aren't the best to be doing cardio in but they do the job. However, I've noticed I have a blister on the bottom of my foot right on the crease under my "index" toe. It's uncomfortable not super painful. It's such an awkward place. It was affecting my posture on the treadmill. Any quick fixes? I know how blisters are caused I just never had one in such a random place that a bandaid and thick sock wouldn't fix. Help?

Replies

• rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Let it play it's course. Don't pop it or anything like that- could get an infection. They usually don't take long to heal.

Get yourself some better shoes! Or even a cheap pair that has more support.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be wearing those for cardio ever.

I don't really have advice because I pop all my blisters and people always say not to do that, I just can't help it...I always make sure it's all clean and cover with a bandaid after but still there is an infection risk.
  • hulkweazel
    hulkweazel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    They obviously aren't doing the job if you're getting blisters. Get a pair of good running shoes. Make sure your socks aren't cotton. Any cotton and you'll get blisters. I suggest going to a running store and just plunking down the money for shoes/socks there. It'll make your life so much easier.

Only pop the blister if it's making it difficult to exercise. If you can work around it, leave it. If you feel you have to pop it, use a sterilized needle ( I just run it under hot water for a minute), and get a napkin to soak up the pus that comes out. Drain as much as you can and make sure you learn your lesson on using proper shoes and socks so that it doesn't happen again.
  • iffy8
    iffy8 Posts: 64
    Options
    I can't "plunk down" money towards sneakers at the moment but next week I will. Thanks everyone! I'm going to use tomorrow as an at home work out day and see what happens.