Need advice

Options
This isn't completely about weight but I really need advice and you all are always honest and helpful.

My boyfriend I've been with over a year now dated a girl I'm friends with. Became friends with after me and him got together. They dated a week, she broke up with him for her ex who she was in-love with. Obviously in a week you can't be IN-LOVE with someone. Well, anytime someone brings that up, he gets super pissed not at the person but he starts *****ing about her. Even when we first got together he *****ed to me all the time about her. But now he rolls his eyes, get the angry look, starts acting pissed off and saying how she's a *****. Does he still have some sort of feelings for her? He's still mad... But why? Why be still so angry if you don't feel something for her? Maybe he liked her looks better?

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Pain is pain, no matter who you're with. Takes people time to let go, to heal, to move on. Also, being angry at being mistreated takes a while to go away, too. Likely has nothing to do with the stability of your relationship.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Pain is pain, no matter who you're with. Takes people time to let go, to heal, to move on. Also, being angry at being mistreated takes a while to go away, too. Likely has nothing to do with the stability of your relationship.

Very true that!

But why would you keep on mentioning her if you know that it will send him into a frazzle?!! Not a healthy way to keep a relationship going. As the years go by if you remain together there will be many times when it is prudent to keep mum about certain things...it's not a case of being untruthful but merely keeping the peace AND, more importantly not wanting to hurt the one you love.
  • beautifulregardless
    Options
    I'm not the one mentioning her, actually his family and friends do ever so often. But even still, it hurts. We have been together way over a year and have a baby yet it bothers him soo much.
  • beautifulregardless
    Options

I sure hope he's just pissed at the situation and not missing her or wanting her.
  • pondmermaid
    pondmermaid Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree- painful breakups are hard to let go of and you shouldn't worry too much. He is still working through it and will forget about it in future.
  • Wheyuphi
    Wheyuphi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been married 3 years, been with my husband for a long while. It takes some time to get over exes and the exes of your significant other. However, as long as you feel good about yourself and project to him that you are the best....which you obviously are, for your significant other, his mind will continue to ponder good thoughts about his relationsihps with you and your child. The moment you feel down about yourself and let self pitty in, it becomes very unattractable. So be that strong independent woman you once were! It's very attractive and you are looking great with your pictures. Don't let something from the past bother you, because honestly that girl/woman is probably not even thinking of your significant other. Keep your head up!
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hope things are improving and that you are feeling more at peace with your situation... :heart: