Newbie...Army/Fireman Wife

Options
Hello all.

I'm trying to work hard to get back down to my natural weight. Before I married, I weighed 132lbs. As the years crept by I got lazy and well packed on the pounds. I reached a max of 230lbs and develop polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos).

I've managed to drop down to 190lbs. It took me three years and with the help of medicine to get there. So far, I've been slagging. I'm hoping to get under 160lbs by next year.

Replies

• Spangelot
    Spangelot Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello all.

I'm trying to work hard to get back down to my natural weight. Before I married, I weighed 132lbs. As the years crept by I got lazy and well packed on the pounds. I reached a max of 230lbs and develop polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos).

I've managed to drop down to 190lbs. It took me three years and with the help of medicine to get there. So far, I've been slagging. I'm hoping to get under 160lbs by next year.
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

HELLO.. I am in the same boat.. with the PCOS.... IT SUCKS... Dont' give up there are many ways to help that... i was put on a high protien diet with only eatting 100 cals of bread per serving for each meal...and then only 100 cals per meal for fruit... but it works i am down 15 lbs and let me tell you its not been easy../I LOVE PIZZA... so they gave me a plan to help me and guess what i can still eat pizza.. if you would like info on it let me know ... GOOD LUCK>... and KEEP UP THE FAITH:bigsmile:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

Welcome to the family! My name is Audumn:drinker: I hope to get to know more about you.
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    Options
    welcome I've also got PCOS it makes losing weight more difficult. but this site should help.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you! PCOS will go away, I PROMISE, when you shed the pounds.

It's so nice to have you here and don't be a stranger.:smile:
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    I just joined too. I love the calorie tracker thingamajiggy. KIM G
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Take advantage of all that is available here. Be honest with yourself and stick with it!

We're glad you're here!