Hi, I'm new here and...

Options
Hello, I'm Dan and I'm new here. I started using MFP on Jan 7. I find the food journalling very helpful as portioning has never been my strong suit. My company switched insurance carriers this year and in order to get the best rates one has to achieve 100 wellness points or you get bumped into a much higher deductible bracket. I let this be the push I needed to be a more healthy me and on Christmas day I quit smoking and on Jan 7th I began my quest for health. I have been able to adhere to a 2000 cal/day diet with 99% success and have been losing weight. I shudder to think about how many calories a day I was consuming. I always felt I wasn't eating all that much but what I am eating now is dramatically less than that. I want to get back to 200 lbs for starters and I have a bit of a quest ahead of me. I think I picked a winner with MFP. I especially like that I can scan bar codes for needed calorie info. Well, enough blat from me for now.

Cheers, Dan

Replies

• 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya, former smoker, former smokless tobacco user, etc.........Time to ROCK. Add me if you like.

LETS GO!
  • RMFC23
    RMFC23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    congrats on quiting smoking. It took me 6 times. Keep up the good work and let me know if you need help
  • peza2605
    Options
    ive been on holiday for 2 weeks and havent smoked andf drunk a LOT less (maybe less stressed) , back at work tomorrow, hope i dont start again.
  • dstuttgen
    Options
    I find it helps to avoid the areas of temptation...like the break room if smoking is allowed then take a walk or something. It's hard at first but I find the cravings to be less each day. I always quit cold turkey (yes I've smoked and quit before) and get it done with.
    Good luck my friend.

Cheers, Dan
  • peza2605
    Options
    Trouble is all my friends at work smoke so therein will be the problem. might get an electronic one. Well done on quitting, keep up the good work .