Has anyone a recipe for a tasty sauce for chicken?

Options
lajuice7
lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
When I get home from work tonight, I'm going to bake some chicken breast dipped in egg and covered in chilli flakes. I love it this way but it's a little dry. I'm looking for a recipe to make a tasty, spcy, sweet, sticky sauce to go with it.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

Replies

• lajuice7
    lajuice7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    really?

no one?
  • Goodwin1948
    Options
    Try Dr. pepper bbq sauce. I use 1/2 cup catsup to 1/2 can diet dr pepper. I add onions and pepper. add chicken and cook for 30-40 min on low. take out chicken and turn up heat to reduce. good on pork chop too
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I take a block of that frozen winter squash heat it up, add some spices or more veggies and then just have that over chicken! I love it!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I like a honey mustard sauce: 1/3 cup honey + 2/3 cup mustard (I use about half spicy brown and half yellow mustard), add some lemon juice and DONE :)
    I bake my chicken breast (seasoned with salt and pepper) in it and it's really yummy.
  • HollyLlama1980
    Options
    I found this recipe for a clean, homemade enchilada sauce on one of the Facebook pages I follow. I've made it and it's killer!!

Clean homemade enchilada sauce:

Ingredients:

1 tsp of olive oil
    3 garlic cloves minced
    3 Tbsp Chili Powder
    1 tsp of cayenne pepper
    1 tsp Cumin
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder/garlic salt which ever you prefer
    1 Tbsp of whole wheat flour
    1 14oz can Tomato Sauce
    2 cups of vegetable broth

Directions:

Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl. In a medium saucepan over medium heat add your olive oil and minced garlic and sauté for about a minute. Then combine tomato sauce, vegetable broth, and spice mix into the saucepan and stir until well combined. Continue to heat until the sauce has thickened a bit and then remove from heat and put aside.

This made a rather large batch and the entire recipe had roughly 350 calories. Obviously the calories per serving will depend on how much you use at a time. I'd highly recommend giving it a try!!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Pace Picante
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like salsa sometimes... or some onions/mushrooms/zucchini lightly sauted with a bit of olive oil. Or a low-fat cream cheese can be good sometimes too if I'm in a creamy mood. I also read about a balsamic vinegar recipe the other day... it's my favourite dressing so perhaps? Or any oil based salad dressing in moderation.
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp of sour cream
    2 tbsp of low calorie mayo
    1/3 or 1/2 cup of plain yogurt(depends on how thick you like it to be)
    1 or 2 tbsp of oregano

Just mix all the ingredients together with a spoon or whatever

this should be enough for two people and it's not that high in calories
    ...and it's delicious!
  • sweetcee30
    Options
    I use salsa! Buy the healthiest one I can find in the store, slap it on top and bake! YUM!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This isnt a spicy sauce but it sure is good !
    Alfredo Sauce
    1/4 C milk(prefferable almond, naturaly low in cals)
    1 laughing cow light swiss cheese wedge
    1-2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
    Combine ingredients in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave 15sec. Stir then repeat until melted then pour on chicken.
    Around 60 calories, 2g fat
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Saute 1 cup chopped onions and a chopped clove of garlic until slightly brown
    Sprinkle in red chili flakes
    Make sure there a brown bits on the bottom of your pan from them
    Add in 1 cup of reduced sodium/fat chicken broth and simmer to reduce
    Makes a delicious sauce/gravy to pour over sliced, baked chicken