I Got Teased About Weight Today (Positive)

DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
edited September 20 in Success Stories
My co-workers have been very encouraging with my weight loss. No one has been trying to sabotage it and I think that has been major help in my weight loss. Today during a meeting they were even teasing me about my clothes being baggy. I'm trying to hold off another month before I buy any new clothes so I can space out having to buy more clothes later. On MFP we've talk about sabotage from home but not really about work and it's great to know that the place where I spend the majority of my week days they've got my back (and joke about my shirt hanging out).

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    That's Great!!!!:drinker:
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    I get the same thing here at work. And you are right, it is where I spend the majority of my week days. They call me "Hour Glass" around these parts. I take it has a compliment.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    awesome awesome! Weight loss is so much easier when you have a good support system! Yay for great co-workers! :)
  • lol that is awesome :D keep it up :D seems like their really happy about your weight loss and loves the fact that your clothes are baggy lol :) keep it up
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Funny you should write about this. Not too long ago I came to work (we are a training facility) in my baggy pants that now hang low on my waist so the pant cuff hits the floor. I told myself that they weren't that loose. My friend told me you need to get those pants altered they hang too far down and your going to trip. I said nah I'm ok they aren't that loose yet. Well to my surprise I was in a hurry and scurried into a classroom full of students and my foot got caught inside of my pant cuff and I nailed the floor in front of everyone! It hurt so bad because I fell so fast I didn't have time to stop myself with my hands or knees! I ended up scraping my knees, my breast and my face was bruised because I hit it so hard on the ground! After that day I decided to hang the pants up and never consider them again! I was totally embarrased and the students were like "why are you wearing such big pants in the first place?" I told them I lost weight and that I am trying to use up all my clothes before investing in new ones. I have to say that was so embarrassing for me!
  • NaturalMom
    NaturalMom Posts: 85
    That is great! So glad your journey is going well and full of support! I buy new clothes from Salvation Army every 20lbs or so. I bring in a bag of clothes to donate and walk out with a bag of relatively cheap (yet nice) clothes that fit! Saves a ton of money, especially when you haven't reached your goal weight yet, and makes you feel good about how you look at the same time. :)
  • Okclbates
    Okclbates Posts: 15
    That is phenomenal! I bet that just made your day! Congrats!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I am so blessed- my mom can sew. So everytime the clothes are getting too baggy, I take em home to be altered. Makes me so happy to know I am stretching my clothing dollar...and my reward for finishing my goals will be a new wardrobe.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    That's fantastic! I too have great support, they don't offer me junk anymore because they know I don't want it or to be teased by it. I also have a co-worker who is also losing weight and she gives me her clothes as they get too big, and I give my too big clothes to my reps that they fit, so we all share so that we save money, and we encourage eachother to do well. It's great! :bigsmile:
  • DanOhh
    Thanks, NaturalMom about the Salvation Army idea.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    That's awesome!! 2 of my co-workers are actually on MFP :) One of them introduced the other and me to the site so that's half our office.
  • DanOhh
    Another comment, I noticed an interesting life cycle of clothes do to weight loss. I was wearing my shirts untucked to try to hide my belly. Then, I lost weight and liked having my shirts tucked in. Now, I have to keep it untucked again because everything is do darn baggy. Ahh, the cycle of life.
  • IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Well that is great Dan - I like the fact that your clothes are baggy :-)
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    That is great! So glad your journey is going well and full of support! I buy new clothes from Salvation Army every 20lbs or so. I bring in a bag of clothes to donate and walk out with a bag of relatively cheap (yet nice) clothes that fit! Saves a ton of money, especially when you haven't reached your goal weight yet, and makes you feel good about how you look at the same time. :)

I agree-- I really like Salvation Army stores, in any case, losing weight or not.:laugh: Since I practice green living, I love the idea of saving the natural resources and recycling not only glass or plastic, etc. but also the clothes in a certain way. It's such a good feeling to know you're not spending hundreds on some piece of clothing that can cost you $2 at the second hand store. Especially when there is some good stuff to choose from. :smile: And it's nice to give away the old stuff too. A continuous exchange. :happy:
  • Awne
    Awne Posts: 18 Member
    I was in a hurry and scurried into a classroom full of students and my foot got caught inside of my pant cuff and I nailed the floor in front of everyone! It hurt so bad because I fell so fast I didn't have time to stop myself with my hands or knees! I ended up scraping my knees,

Lol I did this on a date and went full stretch in the road...I jumped up and said "I do all my own stunts" He wasnt amused tho and I never heard from him again lol
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Be sure to check out other second hand stores as well. We have one in our area (Michigan) called Value World that sometimes has 50% off coupons online. My husband and I are both losing weight we just bought two carts full of stuff for us, the kids, and even a few king size bedspreads all for $77.

http://www.valueworld.net/
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!