Pickles!

Options
This is just a vent! My favorite food is pickles and they are my go to snack since they are barely any calories. However, they are ridiculously high in sodium! One pickle spear from Jimmy Johns is 579mg of sodium. What a disappointment! Guess i'll go to cucumbers in vinegar as a healthier alternative.

Replies

• Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Are there other places you could cut sodium so that you don't have to deny yourself your favorite snack?
  • sarbear853
    sarbear853 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yea and I can wait and have one later in the day if my sodium levels are lower
  • AliceAsya
    AliceAsya Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I bought Archer Farms' Sea Salt & Vinegar popcorn seasoning and I sprinkle it on my cucumbers.
  • sarbear853
    sarbear853 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing as sea salt and vinegar seasoning!? This just made my day! I LOVE salt and vinegar! Thanks!
  • kgoodman0108
    Options
    Pickles are one of my favorites too! But I love cucumbers just as much. I like to eat them whole, and dip them in fat free Italian dressing.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I bought Archer Farms' Sea Salt & Vinegar popcorn seasoning and I sprinkle it on my cucumbers.

This made my day!
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Pickles are both my all time favorite and my worst enemy! I could eat a whole jar if given the chance! haha!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Pickles are 100% my absolute favorite food. Dill pickles specifically. I'm with you on the sodium, but they're so darn yummy.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Leave pickles in seasoned vinegar for a few days and you have pickles.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I love pickles too.

On another note, your profile says "watch my color intake." I think you meant "calorie."
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. The sodium makes me so bloated so its just as bad to me as eating high fat or sugary foods.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Leave pickles in seasoned vinegar for a few days and you have pickles.

umm...... :huh:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Pickles make me puke since being pregnant =(

Thought I'd share. I normally love them as well.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I eat them by the jar and ignore the sodium. I could care less about water weight, since it comes and goes, and I'm not going to deny myself a satisfying snack that is so low in cals.
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    lol, there is a pickle in my food diary allmost every day
  • MonDeee
    MonDeee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Make home made pickles! Super easy and you can control the sodium. I add more vinegar to mine and up the garlic and dill.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I:heart: pickles.....and drinking the juice....OMG sodium is terrible but they are soooo good!!!
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    OMG...when I first needed BP medication, one of them caused me to teetee a lot too. Talk about CRAVING pickles!!! I was eating about 5 pickles/day when I was on them damn pills. 2 pickle sandwiches and a pickle with almost every meal...no matter what the meal was...haha. Spaghetti??? Yep, needed a pickle with it. Enchiladas??? Yep, needed a pickle with it!
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I eat Claussen kosher pickle spears almost every day! I am never over or even close over sodium so I continue to consume the delicious pickles.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Combine your pickles with sweaty workouts and you don't have a sodium problem.