To All Of The Tough Mudders

Options
I desperately want to do the Tough Mudder this year, believe it comes around my area in September... I am wondering what my chances are being ready by then if I don't have a gym membership, trainer or home equipment? Thing is, I am a stay at home mom, don't have anyone to watch the little one, and I can't afford to be spending a whole lot of money on a trainer or a gym membership, for exercise I normally do videos or I get to go to Zumba once a week. I am at 270 pounds right now and estimate I will be down (optimistically) to 220 by then, and my fitness level is on the lower side...

Do we have to have a team, or can we go as husband an wife?
What was your fitness level when you embarked on the Mudder?
What in-home things could I do to prepare myself, if any?
What was the hardest obstacle for you?

It's my dream to run the Tough Mudder, and I am hoping our financial situation will turn around soon so I can get access to the gym, but in the mean time I want to be doing some preparation at home, anything you can tell me about your experience helps!

Replies

• Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Since your in the same area as me you may want to try mud factor first. It's at Sacramento raceway on April 6th it's a 5K instead of 10-15 miles. It has similar obstacles. The next step would be warrior dash which is 5-6 miles. I will be at the mud factor and will also be going to warrior dash in October. Also with tough mudder has an ice dive as well as live wires. I suggest looking on YouTube for videos of people on the course. Also to prepare you will want a strong running background. Maybe get a jogging stroller for baby?
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    That must be the one a friend of mine had mentioned! I thought she was talking she was going to do Mudder in April I was like girl there is no way we'd be ready. I appreciate the input I'll look into the other two first. Yes I forgot about the ice one... I have seen many videos and pictures, so far it looks like the wall will be hardest for me.. I have a regular stroller I use, but it's been so blasted cold and icy that I am afraid to take him with me as we just got over the flu and an ear infection. Thanks again for your response!