i never realize i was eating so much!!!

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Natasha and I am the mother of 2 beautiful little girls.
The smallest one is already 1 and so it's been a year already that i'm trying to loose my pregnancy weight... and still 10 pounds to go (plus an other 10 pounds to be really slim)

So here I am, trying my best and using myfitnesspal since yesterday, and I must say i really like it so far and i finally understand why i'm not loosing weight: I EAT TOO MUCH!!!!
I just had my breakfast, snack and lunch, and that's it, i have only 50 calories to use until the end of the day!!! That's crazy! And it was healthy food, no junck, and not huge quantities!!! I guess if i go to the gym tonight i would be able to add about 200 calories to my dinner menu...

Anyway, I need a lot of motivations because I've been trying to loose that weight for so long now and summer is already here and I really want to buy cute little dresses and be able to go to the beach and feel beautiful and sexy.

Good luck to everyone!

Natasha.

Replies

• melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Options
    I know, it is so shocking when you first start dietting- there literally are calories in everything. But you can do this. What have you set your calorie level as? If it's 1200, maybe try a week at 1500, then a week at 1350 and then 1200... ease yourself into smaller portions and less calories gradually- that way it will be easier for you to get started and you won't give up. Also maybe try planning your meals for the day ahead so you know what you're going to eat and when: it will be like targets for you to reach and keep your nutrition balanced for the day! There's some great low-cal recipes on this site as well if you need inspiration! Good luck xxx
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Decreasing your calorie intake so drastically might not be a good idea... You should ease yourself into a 1200 calorie day if you're used to eating 2X that or more. For example, try taking it down to 1800 this week and 1500 next and then 1200 the following. Your body will respond much better to this gradual change also.
  • Okclbates
    Okclbates Posts: 15
    Options
    When you jot down every little thing that you put in your mouth, you can quickly see how the calories add up. While I am in no means making huge progress, here are tricks I've heard and tips I'm using to help.

Never eat everything on your plate. Always leave a little something there.
    NO CHIPS...NO BREAD. Eating out...send those back as soon as they come out.
    Water w/ lemon or lime is my staple. If I need a little something sweet, I add a little dash of stevia.
    I always keep sugar-free mints or gum on me. As soon as I've stopped eating, I pop a piece. NO SWEET GUM...only mint flavored type stuff as things won't taste as good after you've freshened up and went minty.

TONS of veggies....they help me stay full and are lower in the calories.

HTH!
  • medic_632
    medic_632 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have the same problem...i generally eat pretty healthy foods but i always eat too much...i love to eat and even when i'n not hungry anymore i can still eat...i dont do it emotionally or on cravings i just like to eat...which is a bad thing since i have health issues that require my weight to stay under control.

I does get easier but i would decrease your intake slowly so that your body doesnt fight and make you feel like you are starving.
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome!
  • Earthagirl
    Earthagirl Posts: 2
    Options
    I ,too ,was eating far more than I believed. I would tell all of the girls at work that I had no idea why I was not losing as I don't eat that much. I think this will be a great tool for keeping me on track! Good luck to you. By the way, I was pregnant over a year ago and it took awhile for my metabolism to start working again. Hang in there.
  • tiphanie79
    tiphanie79 Posts: 1
    Options
    That was my biggest surprise too! I don't want to change my eating habits. I love food. It's really hard. I have been doing this for about 4 days now its hard. I've yet to get at or under my calorie allowance for the day and i excercise everyday!. Good luck.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Oh man, me too!!! A few of us did a "mock diary" where we put in what an OLD day looked like. I was close to 4,000 calories!!!!
  • natharkham
    natharkham Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks girls for all the motivation!
    My amount is set at 1200 calories which is not a lot at all... I guess if i get to 1400 nothing will happen right? I mean something will still happen (loosing weight) :)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    1200 isn't right for everyone. I have mine set at 1500...I eat 1500 on the (rare) days where I don't work out. Otherwise, I eat between 1000 and 1300 NET calories a day. I pretty much calorie cycle and have a hard time meeting 1200 NET due to burning 600-700 calories most days. Switch up your calorie intake daily and exercise (intensity/type) and you'll be met with great success!

Also, crucial to track your sodium, get your water and eat fruits/veggies. I'm amazed at how many people don't get in even 2 servings of fruits/veggies a day! Low calorie and healthy...win-win!

Good luck!