Insanity Workout in the Database??

Options
I'm starting an exercise program (Insanity) and have noticed that it's not listed in the database to be added as an exercise. Any thoughts on how I can get around this, or get it requested to be added in so that I can track my exercise? I don't have a HR monitor or anything that would be able to track my calories burned adequately. So, getting some of these newer programs that are becoming popular would be nice; not to mention beneficial to others aside from myself.

Replies

• bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump. Just starting Insanity and looking for some guidance
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    You need a HR monitor to track your calories and then you can put it in under your own exercises. That is what I have done. If you don't have a HRM then I suppose you can put it in under calisthenics or high impact aerobics. Calorie burn won't be accurate though.
  • zanda29
    zanda29 Posts: 26
    Options
    had same issue, I put high impact aerobic instead, but common, those two things even cant compare:(
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity too and i recommend getting a HR monitor to be able to track your HR during the exercises as they are quite intense and you need to stay safe. I got mine from Amazon, there are lots on there and if you have a look at the feedback people have left it will give you an idea if they are any good or not x
  • Dponta
    Dponta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am also doing Insanity and I have been putting it as High impact aerobics. I am sure the calorie burn is off, but I never eat back all of my excercise cals anyway. I ordered a HRM and it is being delivered today so I will calculate my burn and see how it compares. Is the site over or under what you have been burning?
  • KyahRose86
    Options
    Not sure. I don't start the workout til later tonight, after work. This is also my first time trying Insanity as well...I'm excited, and nervous at the same time. So really looking forward to it. I think I will look into getting a monitor, then....if nothing else, than to put in an accurate calorie burn count.
    Also, I try not to eat back my calories burned either. Trying to lose weight, so why sabatage my workouts by eating calories burned during that workout.....kinda pointless in my mind. :laugh:
    Thanks for all the tips, though.
  • itali614
    itali614 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have done several months of it and always put it under high intensity cardio. It doesn't matter if the calorie burn is off for me. I don't eat back my exercise calories. I lost weight while doing it too because I was eating enough calories. Don't jip yourself. Its hard on your body. And don't be suprised if you don't loose the first week. And stay hydrated!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I am also doing Insanity and I have been putting it as High impact aerobics. I am sure the calorie burn is off, but I never eat back all of my excercise cals anyway. I ordered a HRM and it is being delivered today so I will calculate my burn and see how it compares. Is the site over or under what you have been burning?

The site is way UNDER what my HR monitor says I"m burning. If I were to do it as high impact aerobics for today's workout the site says I burned 356 calories. My HR monitor said 504.

I don't eat my exercise calories back either. I aim for the number that I have in MFP regardless.
  • Dponta
    Dponta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not sure. I don't start the workout til later tonight, after work. This is also my first time trying Insanity as well...I'm excited, and nervous at the same time. So really looking forward to it. I think I will look into getting a monitor, then....if nothing else, than to put in an accurate calorie burn count.
    Also, I try not to eat back my calories burned either. Trying to lose weight, so why sabatage my workouts by eating calories burned during that workout.....kinda pointless in my mind. :laugh:
    Thanks for all the tips, though.

It is tough, I'm not going to lie but it is worth it. I do it at my pace and push myself as hard as I can. I rest when I need to. Eventually I will get all the way through without having to stop. Good luck!!
  • Lostone31
    Options
    I must agree, you need to get a heart rate monitor.
  • KyahRose86
    Options
    Thanks again for all the advice...I will definitely look into the HR monitors. Now...finally...off to go do my fit test! YAY!! :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: *Bounces out the room*:bigsmile: