gym closed :(

MisdemeanorM
MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Just expressing frustration that my Y is closed from the flooding and I don't know when it will reopen. I'm not one to go out and do videos or exercise w/out the class pressure to keep up or the deadline of having to be there at a certain time. I'm going to have to make myself go run with the dogs in the morning instead, though it's rather boring back and forth on my .1 mi dead end road that butts up to a busy road with no sidewalks and running hurts my back so it's not really too much running! I hope they dry out and open back up soon! I miss my exercise calories :(

Replies

• 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    bummer! Maybe if you tell yourself it'll just be today you can get through a DVD? I'm kind of in the same situation--I have a smaller membership so I can only go 4 days a week. On the days I can't I try to do a video (and not stop it 1/2 way thru!) or some other cardio like swimming or walking. Sounds like you're not flooded out though which is good!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Yeah, hopefully they will open soon though I don't know what sort of damage they got so I have no idea how long it will be. Plus, I can't work out at home IN my home because my only work out time (6-8 am) there is no where to go between my 2 yr old, my husband, and my husband's friend currently living on our couch (literally) . . . so - running or walking it is! Though also so inconvenient with the limited space and no greenways or sidewalks in my town.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    That's why I love 24 Hour Fitness! Ones closed I can stroll to the one down the street! Check out the Biggest Loser DVD's, I do the bootcamp one and I love it. Only $9 at Target!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Do you have a strip mall you could walk? Those are usually a pretty good distance.
  • bethcpe
    bethcpe Posts: 5 Member
    I hate doing work out videos as well, but The 30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels is only 20 minutes.....My mantra....I can do anything for 20 miutes. It is $9 at Target and is definately a total body workout!
  • MisdemeanorM
    No, not a whole lot of anything around here. I'm actually not ever sure where the closest sidewalk is! Good news is though they hope to have the floor replaced by Monday so hopefully it is only 1 week off! I CAN go to the other Ys in the area, but they are over 30 minutes away and I can't really get there and back and get in a workout worth an hour drive before work and not get up at 5:30 am!
This discussion has been closed.