Is this a good size? 160 5'5? Picture included.

Options
size_zpsbc961b00.jpg

When I was this size, I felt fat and constantly complained. Now I'm 180 and feel like this size was just right. I'm scared others don't think so or I'll get back to 160 and want to lose more and more.

Replies

• Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    I wish I was that size x
  • womaniam
    womaniam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    its all about you and what makes you feel good about you. I personally think you look great now.
  • IndigoLightbody
    Options
    You do look great but it's really about how you feel. If you are exercising and feel that you are seriously doing the best you can in terms of looking after your health then that's what matters.

A good example is my daughter, she is 5'10" and she used to weigh 150 pounds - she had quite a bit of flab on her body (believe it or not) and substantial 'love handles'. At the time she didn't eat very well at all; meat eater, consumed white flour, dairy, sweets etc. Since 2006 she's been going to the gym almost daily, has become vegan and doesn't eat crappy foods anymore and she now weighs 180 and she wears it proud because it's all muscle ~ she is more fit and feels better than she ever has.

So realistically you can't go by what the scale says, you have to go by your measurements, how you feel and if you really feel there is no room for improvement (if you feel you are sincerely doing the best you can) then that's all that matters.

My advice is just love yourself and when you love yourself you will treat yourself kindly and look in the mirror and give yourself positive compliments, that in itself will shift your energy and keep you motivated and inspired to be the best you can be :wink:
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and feel that at 160 i was my best weight i think you look fantastic
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    "I'm scared others don't think so".

While the judgments of other undoubtedly weight heavily on us, they are not the best motivator for long term success. You will NEVER please everyone. The only person you have control over is how you please yourself. And even if you did please everyone, and you yourself were not satisfied, you wouldn't be happy until you were satisfied. Everyone out there has a different idea of what looks good or bad, so all you can do is pick YOUR idea and aim for it. Measure your body fat % so you know what's "healthy" (or find some other healthy range to guide you) and after that the aesthetics are up to you.

If you haven't already, pick up strength training. It will do wonders for body confidence.

Please yourself!
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think you look hot at 160. I'm 5'7 1/2 and that's my goal weight.
  • angeliashands
    Options
    I know how you feel. I always thought I was fat, even though I was skinny. I am large boned, so looking at the scale, I always thought I was too heavy. I used to freak at 160, now I would be happy to be at 180!

You do what makes you feel comfortable with yourself! If you feel comfortable at 160 get there and stay there. Don't let others tell you otherwise.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Its whatever you feel most confident with, I personally think you look great though
  • kdjess08
    Options
    I am 5'5 too and currently at 185, give or take a couple pounds depending on the day. I weighed 140 before I had my first baby 5+ years ago, and that's my ultimate goal. But my goal for now is 160. Dont worry about what others think, its about what makes you happy.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    It really doea depend on your age, body type and how you lose weight. You look terrific in that photo!

But I am 5'6" and currently weigh 166 and I need to lose MUCH more. Still way to heavy on my hips, thighs and belly.
  • VeganVamp
    Options
    I am 5 ft 4 and used to be 147, I thought I was fat then!! I went up to 160 looking at photos I looked good there too ... take some photos, you look lovely hun, just give yourself a kick up the bum with the confidence!
  • nutshair
    nutshair Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think this picture is just right ....please dont fixate on weight too much ..do you excersise ? great side effect of keeping fit is weight loss and toning up .... you look fine xx
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    The number is just a number...if you incorporate strength training and do cardio as well, you can sometimes stay the same weight but body composition is completely different.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I think thats great. I'd luv to be that size. Quite frankly, I've never seen my adult adult body at a healthy weight. I started gaining weight in junior high and was overweight in hs and I wasn't done growing at that time. I'm 5'7 and the BMI chart says I'll be at the high end of "healthy" at 159, I set my goal at 150. Seeing that is 10 lbs less and 2 inches taller, I think thats a good jumping off point and I'll see how I feel then. You should fo the same. But don't pick yourself apart or it will never be good enough. Livre yourself at every size.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goal. I think you look great at that size, nice and curvy. I also think I looked pretty good at that size, a little soft and curvy, but it wasn't where I wanted to be. I'm much happier with my body now, tight and curvy. It's about 10 pounds over a healthy BMI but there is a lot of evidence out there that being about that much overweight doesn't have any ill effect on health.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Its all about how you feel once you get there. Make it your goal for now and once you get there you can reevaluate if you feel happy there or want to try to go a bit lower. Ive lost a lot of weight and i also have noticed that my goal weight has gone down. I started at 277 lbs. First i wanted to get to 199. i got there and decided i wanted to just lose 100 lbs. Then maybe 110 lbs would be good. Now i think 155 is what im aiming for. But once i get there i totally know that i may want to try for another 10 lbs. I have no idea because i have no clue what i look like at that weight. I think we will know if we are happy once we get there?
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, hun. But it's not about what we think. It's about what you think and how you feel.
  • menojy
    menojy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I honestly think you're more than great :)
    but feeling comfortable is much more important than our opinions, so if you feel heavy or unhealthy keep working on your body but if not I assure you that you're in an amazing shape already ^_^
  • JKE6428
    JKE6428 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Re-evaluate your goals!! Are you happy at this weight?? If so, it doesnt matter what anybody says. If you are unsure, try to maintain your current weight for a few week/months and after that make your decision. No need to rush!!! I think you look great! =)