Eating back Cals burned through exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• judechalmers
    judechalmers Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah - No i dont tend to eat them back cos i am trying to increase my weight loss - When i started i did find my weight loss sluggish although eating to plan - since i stoopped using my exercise cals the loss has increased .
    good luck
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Also, there's no puncuation which means she might be somewhat lazy.

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD. eyeroll.
  • cmajeff
    cmajeff Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    No because your calorie allowance should be set to allow your exercise already...for instance if your activity is set as moderate then that already takes into account the exercise your doing. If you eat back the calories as well then your eating the exercise calories twice! If you want to eat them back then set your activity level as sedentary.

Personally u would set it at the right activity level and ignore exercise cals....just eat at the calorie allowance and work our. MFP does all this work for you x

This is assuming that they are correctly setting their activity. For me I sit 8-10 hours a day because of my job so I am mostly sedentary. So I track all my workouts and eat back my calories.
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    No because your calorie allowance should be set to allow your exercise already...for instance if your activity is set as moderate then that already takes into account the exercise your doing. If you eat back the calories as well then your eating the exercise calories twice! If you want to eat them back then set your activity level as sedentary.

Personally u would set it at the right activity level and ignore exercise cals....just eat at the calorie allowance and work our. MFP does all this work for you x

Good point!
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    You may want to carefully read your own post with reference to grammar as people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

3 comma's was never in any English class I took.

Is a ridiculous answer = It's a ridiculous answer (as a standalone sentence as you typed it)

And the abbreviation is B.S.

But back to the original question...
    Personally I err on the side of caution and don't as a rule eat back my exercise calories.
    If I do eat some of them back back due to the fact that maybe I ate out, I don't freak out.
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I find that I'm weak and slugglish if I burn a lot of calories and do not eat back some of my work out calories. It's working for me.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I do...or at least a good portion of them. Nice to have the extra calories to play with...I can be more creative with dinner, or have a nice snack if I want, guilt free.