Artificial Sweeteners

Options
Has anyone found they still lose weight while having artificial sweetener in their drinks?

Replies

• deecapuano
    deecapuano Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda in my coffee every day. I tried using Stevia thinking it was more "natural" but my tastebuds like Splenda better. I am still losing too. I have friends who cannot use artificial sweetners for various reasons, one of them being no weight loss but I am fortunate that I can still enjoy my coffee and lose weight.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found they still lose weight while having artificial sweetener in their drinks?

Yes, because they are slowly dying inside from the poison
  • jcearth
    jcearth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I'm sure you will find many who claim that it cannot be done. I drink diet soda every day.

7980302.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    me
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Yep, I use splenda every day and I've lost weight just fine.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    if with artificial sweetners or diet sodas etc you're still under a calorie deficit, you can lose weight :)

Cheers, I am drinking a sugar free 7 up and had strawberry ice cream with real sugar!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Yes, if the artificial sweetener is helping you create calorie deficit.

However, if you use pure sugar and are at a calorie deficit you will probably lose weight, too.
  • bransko1982
    bransko1982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Dont use artificial sweeteners - use natural sources - like stevia
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yep. Every day.

There's another thread going right now that says they'll kill you. Literally. And give you MS and cancer and a host of other diseases. They have no facts or evidence to back up that claim. But that's how they "feel". So it's "true for them."

Please don't fall for such nonsense.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Yup. See ticker.

Sincerely,

Diet Pepsi Addict
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Yes, if the artificial sweetener is helping you create calorie deficit.

However, if you use pure sugar and are at a calorie deficit you will probably lose weight, too.

PREACH!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am doing it right now!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    if with artificial sweetners or diet sodas etc you're still under a calorie deficit, you can lose weight :)

Cheers, I am drinking a sugar free 7 up and had strawberry ice cream with real sugar!

Omg. Now imagine if you combined those. :love:
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yep :smile:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Dont use artificial sweeteners - use natural sources - like stevia

Why?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Yep. Every day.

There's another thread going right now that says they'll kill you. Literally. And give you MS and cancer and a host of other diseases. They have no facts or evidence to back up that claim. But that's how they "feel". So it's "true for them."

Please don't fall for such nonsense.

QFT
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

onoz-omg_zps49cf24d1.gif
  • bransko1982
    bransko1982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

^^^^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ^^^^ exactly
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Yep ... my love of coffee and making my own flavored yogurt with non-fat plain greek yogurt, fresh berries and Splenda are apparently causing me to die a very slow Splenda death (:huh: :noway: ) ... but my love of Splenda didn't hinder my weightloss a single bit! :drinker:
  • bethany41h
    Options
    I use it from time to time. It is healthier to avoid it... because of health, not necessarily because of weight loss. I've heard a lot of people say you can't lose weight with artificial sweetners or diet soda... my mother lost 140 pounds drinking diet soda the entire time.