BodyMedia FIT

Options
Any thoughts on that?

I have thought of purchasing a new HRM, but it seems like since the last time I purchased one there are more interesting gadgets on the market.

What do you think of the BodyMedia FIT?

Or do you have an experience with any other calorie tracking device.

Thank you!

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I have a BMF and I love it. I also have the display device which shows calories burned, steps taken, and minutes of moderate and vigorous exercise in real time. I like being able to tailor my eating to my calorie burn, and it's very motivating when you see a low number on the calories burned--it makes you get up and get moving.

It helped me immensely last year when I had foot surgery and had to spend the first two weeks in bed with my foot elevated at all times--I could see how little I was burning and was able to cut back on the food accordingly.
  • qtrhrse1
    qtrhrse1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a question I just got my body media fit set up account linked with myfitness pal and it is showing -619 for activity so it has me as 1900 calories for the day what does that mean? I am not sure this all works do i strictly consume calories it says now when I wear body fit all day? but i havent had on today? thanks

keri
  • kirchnsr
    kirchnsr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention the the amount of exercise calories it tells me on MFP. I just track my food here, then make sure I eat between 500-1000 less than what I burned according to the Fit. I'm sure there's a way to make them match, but I'm math challenged! Lol. I like that the Fit estimates how many you burned for the day and how many you need to burn to reach your goal, so I can match my total calorie burn to what I'm eating, even if my last meal of the day is at 6 pm.