Master Cleanse "Challenge"

Options
My friend and I are beginning the Master Cleanse for the new year. We began on December 31st and are now on day 4 of the cleanse that is outlined in the book by Stanley Burroughs "The Master Cleaner." I did a 20-day cleanse last year after getting very sick with Lyme Disease. The cleanse was an important part of my healing path. There are many, many benefits to a fasting cleanse. My intention is to reignite my commitment to natural holistic healing by starting this year with a cleanse. It's not a challenge so much as a deep commitment to helping my body purge the toxins and bacteria that have been keeping me ill- and to boost my immunity and get myself in a good position to get back on track with a healthy lifestyle and eating pattern.

If there is anyone out there who is cleansing with the master cleanse right now, I'd love to connect so we can support each other through this amazing process of letting go. I think personal support is so so important during a cleanse, especially if it's your first time.

The Goal:
40-day cleanse (but always listening to the body for cues for when its time to come off the cleanse)

Hope to make some new friends =)

Replies

• clipsychic
    Options
    Hi!

I just started my MC this morning. We can be MC pals!!!

All the best in your journey!
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I just started my MC today. I am really looking forward to it. I am not sure that I am going to do 40 days...I am just going to let my body tell me when. This is the first time I have done this. So I am really excited.
    Denise
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    sorry, I tried yesterday and today woke up with a pounding headache. I need to function with 2 small children and I can not do that very well when I have a headache/
    Denise
  • Ginmarie09
    Ginmarie09 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing the MC with Coco and we are on day 9! I hope you are doing well Clippsychic! I'm sorry to hear about your headache Denise. The first few days were really rough for me and very emotional. I know what you mean!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    In on this, I credit the master cleanse to my weight loss success
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no.

pee
    poop
    cleansed.

what you are doing is not healthy
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I cleanse by binging on Indian food.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    pee
    poop
    cleansed.

Every day.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    no.

pee
    poop
    cleansed.

Great, now I have to poop.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    no.

pee
    poop
    cleansed.

Let us know how your cleanse worked
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    no.

pee
    poop
    cleansed.

^ this. BRB.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    sorry, I tried yesterday and today woke up with a pounding headache. I need to function with 2 small children and I can not do that very well when I have a headache/
    Denise

You felt that way because IT'S NOT HEALTHY!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I used to work on this boat...I was the guy who would bait the lines. When I started I was challenged to become the best baiter I could possibly be. I took him up on his challenge! I was just an underling when I started. I worked hard and over time, I was able to bait the hooks like nobody's business, but I was still just a junior baiter. Eventually, my time had finally arrived...I was a pro baiter and it was only a matter of time before I could take the role of Master Ba...

Oh wait, this is about cleansing. In that case....I got nuthin
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    my master says I can not be cleansed until I admit I am a dirty girl...
  • TylerJ76
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CocoFire
    CocoFire Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thought I would check in about the cleanse. I decided to take a break in the cleanse after 20 days before continuing onto the next 20 days.

I know there has been some discussion about the healthiness/effectiveness/wisdom of cleansing so I thought I'd write a bit about my feelings on that matter. I am not an advocate of using a cleanse for the purposes of losing weight- and if that is your goal, you probably shouldn't consider a cleanse until you come to a better understanding of how it works in your body. I have been using a cleansing as a part of my healing process. I was very sick with Lyme disease (that the doctors refused to treat) and had to turn to alternative methods to be well. I began a little over a year ago with a 20-day master cleanse and a vigorous herbal regimen to treat the infection and improve my immune function. Cleansing was very effective at causing a spirochete die-off *and* increasing my T-lymphocyte function. That's what prompted me to do another cleanse this year. Anyone who knows about Lyme and it's treatment probably knows about the dreaded "Herx" reaction. Cleansing surprisingly helped me by both triggering a herx (by alkalizing the body to make it inhospitable to disease-causing bacteria) and greatly speed the process of herxing because of the constant flushing of the system. So that is my main reason for cleansing. It also quickly cleared up digestion problems for me like chronic heart burn (I believe it's the vitamin A in the cayenne pepper and fasting that heals the stomach lining.)

The master cleanse in particular is a powerful tool for promoting tissue healing and regeneration and addressing imbalances of an unhealthy gut. If you eat the typical "SAD" diet (standard american diet), your body is probably in need of some level of cleansing. (SAD includes pesticide infused on-organic, processed, refined sugars and flours, genetically modified, chemical laden "low fat", hydrogenated oils, artificially flavored or colored) Many common ailments are linked to an imbalanced and unhealthy gut. Additionally many toxins and chemicals are preferentially stored in fat- a mechanism your body uses to protect you from the illness-causing effect of toxicity free floating in your body.

A cleanse and other forms of "alternative" health care are not for everyone. It is not a quick fix to an unhealthy lifestyle. It will not help if you don't stop ingesting toxins through your food. And if you are quite attached to a medicine cabinet full of pharmaceuticals and genetically modified potato chips, this would not be the path for you. The process of removing toxicity encased in the protective cells of your body and intestines is not easy. Ceasing your relationships with all addictive substances is also not easy. If you are toxic, you will get a headache and will likely taste and see toxins being released from your body. But the headache passes as soon as you get in a good flush cycle- and by the 4th day you will begin to understand your body on a much deeper level and see the effect of addiction in your life. You can also expect the added benefit if greatly accelerated healing process in the body. As you get deeper into the cleanse you may feel old injuries flare up as your body begins to work on replacing damaged tissues in the body. If you have never done it before- get a coach- see a homeopathic, naturopathic, or chinese medical doctor for guidance.

If you are lucky enough to have lived free from toxicity in your diet or environment, and your body tissues are in need of no healing at all, then a cleanse would not be for you. Move on and go about your day.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Good One! :flowerforyou: