Want a Quick Fix? Struggling with the same 10lbs?

Options
Now that you are here… I should tell you… the title was to bring you in… because YOU are who I want to talk to…

Hello- I’m Michelle *flashes dimples and waves*.:flowerforyou: I have been on MFP since April of 2011…. During my time here I have struggled, a lot. I was gaining and losing the same 10 pounds for about a year, honestly… I think it was even longer. I was searching and posting about “quick fixes” looking into diet programs and cleanses….I wanted something to just take the weight off… something that would give me a “jump start” so that I could feel extra motivated about losing weight. I wasn’t eating and then when I would I would binge…. I was toxic to my progress and health. During that time I was not as focused at all…I would count for one day and then binge the next night… I would be “good” for the week and the blow it (not in the good way) on the weekend. I wouldn’t eat out or eat fast food for the week and then eat crap several times over the weekend… or during the following week. I would count some days and not count others. I would drink 64oz (or more) of water for a week, then I wouldn’t drink any. I would work out for a couple of days and then get lazy…… there was no consistency. I was so overwhelmed with how long it was going to take me to lose the weight that I would forget about the smaller tasks at hand. How all these small things create the path for the long run… I was self sabotaging for the first year and a half on here. I FINALLY got it together around June/July of 2012.

On Saturday, I FINALLY hit 30 pounds lost (NOT at my goal yet). I didn’t starve myself. I didn’t take pills or do any 3day diets. I became CONSISTENT…. I watched what I ate, I started eating breakfast, I counted cals, I lowered my portions, I stopped eating out all the time and stopped fast food, controlled my binging, and I increased my water (still not to the 64oz regularly… but I have been doing good since Jan). I only stepped foot in a gym MAYBE 10 times… and did home workout videos maybe a handful of times….Yes, just read the correctly….. Now I am NOT saying that you shouldn’t workout… because I honestly wish I would have pushed myself more in this area… my results would be so much better…. I am mentioning it to show you than you CAN lose weight without “killing” yourself in a gym or at home doing a video (again, wishing I would have pushed myself more in this area).

There are no quick fixes, no 3day diets, not fasts, no pills, no potions, no lotions, and no drinks that will give you a “jump start” on your weight loss. There is no one that can make you eat better, smaller portions, and healthier meals. There is no one that will take you to the gym or help you out of any excuse that you’ve made as to why you “cant”. Only YOU can help yourself. How bad do YOU want it?

Find people that support and motivate you. Find people that will help PUSH you to be who YOU want to be. Find people that will help EDUCATE you….Honestly, find friends that will DELETE you if you don’t get you *cough* stuff together… I was deleted by a few friends and I know it was because I was not doing the things I said I would. My actions were not leading me to have the things I said I wanted. How many times would you want to see someone post about “hating the scale” or “starting over” or “3day diets” or “needing to be better” I wouldn’t… it gets old… FAST.

You can’t just talk about the things you want, you can’t just dream of your idea body, and you can’t expect people to coddle you when you’re not doing the work that you should be. Find people that won’t let you…. HOWEVER, remember it’s YOUR responsibility to become who YOU want to be… it’s not theirs to pat you on the back every time you do a job well done.

Take one day and one accomplishment at a time. I promise you… if you are consistent and actually put effort and try… you WILL lose weight, you WILL see changes, you WILL feel better and you WILL finally start to become the person you desperately want to be. :flowerforyou:

On the Left: June, 2012/ Right: Yesterday evening.

529042_4190270483664_406313006_n_zps1db36bdd-1_zps45f1581f-1_zpsec88270b.jpg
75838_4190324965026_879173130_n_zpsd26c5d2f-1_zps4d162a44-1_zpsa7996d8b.jpg

Left: Heaviest point / Right 10lbs more than my current weight now (Photo taken Dec. 4th)

486995_3950686534215_884591812_n_zps4d4f49bb-1_zps42318608.jpg

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    So you're saying I should do a cleanse?
  • HelenChar
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, you should be very proud of yourself. You can definitely see a big change, thanks for posting the before and after pics to date :):):)
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    So you're saying I should do a cleanse?

Awe... it was TL: DR for you :smooched:
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, you should be very proud of yourself. You can definitely see a big change, thanks for posting the before and after pics to date :):):)

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

There are no quick fixes, no 3day diets, not fasts, no pills, no potions, no lotions, and no drinks that will give you a “jump start” on your weight loss. There is no one that can make you eat better, smaller portions, and healthier meals. There is no one that will take you to the gym or help you out of any excuse that you’ve made as to why you “cant”. Only YOU can help yourself. How bad do YOU want it?

Sound advice, and you're a wonderful example of what happens when you follow it. So proud of you, girl :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great post... and great work! Consistency is the key! :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm just super proud of you girly! I'm so excited to do the Survivor Mud Run with you and i'm so glad I found you on this site! :flowerforyou: You are truly an inspiration to me. You are such a great person and motivator. I'm so happy for how far you have come and what you have overcame to achieve this. you will continue to be great in your journey and you will continue to motivate and inspire me and others. I'm just sure of it! Loves!!! *boobie shake and kisses* :drinker:
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    You guys are amazing.:smooched: :smooched: I just really wanted to post my story in hopes that it would help someone "like me" well.... the old me anyway :smile:
  • cjburke12
    cjburke12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ha..I was totally where you were, myself, all year last year!!! I'm glad I will be joining you in the consistency department!!! Thanks for showing me what I have to look forward to!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Consistency is HUGE! (Inconsistency was keeping ME huge.). :bigsmile:
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That's my girl!!!!! **MUAH** :love: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smooched:
  • Louder4
    Louder4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fabulous!
    THANK YOU so much for this awesome post. I was so that person last year and pretty sure I wasted a boat load of money on a ton of quick fixes! However, now I am doing it the right way as I know it has to be for life not just the next week.
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Michelle, your dedication is totally paying off!! What a difference!! SO happy for you girl! XX
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    This is the weirdest compliment I will probably ever give another human being, but nice under arm squish! It's definitely smaller, practically non existent, and it gives me hope. Lol
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Wow! You look fabulous!
    THANK YOU so much for this awesome post. I was so that person last year and pretty sure I wasted a boat load of money on a ton of quick fixes! However, now I am doing it the right way as I know it has to be for life not just the next week.

Good for you. The work with pay off... and SAVE you money!!! It's almost like paying yourself :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    This is the weirdest compliment I will probably ever give another human being, but nice under arm squish! It's definitely smaller, practically non existent, and it gives me hope. Lol

I love this compliment and thank you SO much!!! :love: Right... I was like WTF is that... its not my arm... its not my boob.... WTF was that?!?! To be honest... I never noticed it before looking at this photo *SMH* Thank god its no longer there!!!!
  • sherrycf
    Options
    good for you, you look great!!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome way to pull 'em in! haha I came into this thread thinking "oh boy! she's gonna get a rude awakening from other users if she thinks there's a quick fix!" haha GREAT job on the loss! :happy:
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Awesome way to pull 'em in! haha I came into this thread thinking "oh boy! she's gonna get a rude awakening from other users if she thinks there's a quick fix!" haha GREAT job on the loss! :happy:

hehehehehe.... I was expecting this thread to be going crazy for that reason :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!