Hate myself for letting myself and my family down.

Options
Got a new nickname at work this week YOYO not because my weight but because I was up and down to release the automatic doors, but to be honest its true about my weight too no use kidding myself. Sometimes I feel good about myself other times I hate myself for getting this size, I think I am also an emotional eater when I feel good things are fine then something small can throw me off track and I could kick myself, why can't I get my act together arghhhhhhh :(

Replies

• mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Try not to be so hard on yourself, your weight is not the only aspect of your life! I understand being down on yourself; honestly, we are our own worst enemies. You'll get it together when the timing is right. There will just come a day when you "know" that you need to make a change. Until then, don't sweat it about losing any weight. Start with learning one things like healthier food choices or what a standard portion size is. This will really be helpful when you decide to go for it.

If you want to work toward that, start with a list. Why do you want to lose weight? Health reasons? Cosmetic! Got an event coming up for which you really want to look good? Don't judge your reason(s), just evaluate. They may give you the push you need.

Good luck!
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    To make a permanent change in weight you have to change how you feel about yourself. If you don't love yourself you won't feel worthy of what you seek. You do not let your family down you only let your self down. You may need to log not only your food but how you are feeling when you eat. Is it anger, depression, fatigue ect. Many people eat their emotions, keeping a journal may help you identify those triggers. Change those negative voices in your head your body will follow. Good luck
  • sugs14
    sugs14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thankyou ladies for your help, today has been a good day, I will take on your suggestions, I really value the support from my MFP friends. I know I need to love myself to succeed on my journey to weight loss. I need more friends on here so I really you taking the time to offer your advice I will take it onboard :) x

Sue
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Your post made me sad. Don't you know your family loves you no matter what?!? You have to do this for you so you can give the very best to your family that you love dearly. Love yourself and be gentle.
  • barby_02
    barby_02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sugs14,

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. When you hear yourself saying or thinking things to yourself, ask yourself, "would I say this to my best friend ". The things we automatically tell ourselves we would never ever say out loud.
  • WorkinNurse
    WorkinNurse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You know we are so quick to throw rocks at ourselves when no-one else has the slightest idea of thinking the thoughts we put into their heads and ergo our own. I lost 48 lbs and gained 40 back in a short period of time but in that time period I moved out of my home to a big city for a new job.. had to find an apt because things did not work out with the girl I was going to room with.. Did not sell my home so am struggling with mortgage and apt rent. Started new job, quit smoking and then had significant other end our almost 5 year relationship. I am the first to throw rocks at myself before I sat down and looked at all the stressors I have dealt with and the smoking cessation I have accomplished!
    In the movie "The Help" the maid/nanny tells the young 3 yr old toddler... "You are Smart, You are Kind, You are Important." Maybe we need to take a page from that book and tell ourselves every day... You are Kind, You are Smart, You are Important." and start loving ourselves for what we are and not the goals we have not accomplished yet but that are still a work in progress! :-)
    Keep your chin held high