HiiT cardio

Options
13»

Replies

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Doing HIIT or not, doesn't matter, burning more calories than you consume is what matters. You can lose weight without doing HIIT at all. I do agree with you, total on time comparing LISS and HIIT will burn more calories with HIIT.

My comment about not setting foot in the gym means I didn't exercise and i lost 30lbs" I didn't lose it because I did HIIT, I lost it cause I was in a calorie deficit, you don't even need to exercise at all to lose weight. That's my point.

Some of the most leanest people I know don't even do cardio. (In reference to your body fat %)

Well, when someone starts a thread asking I you can lose weight without cardio at all, be sure to chime in. Glad you finally got on board with answering this Op's question re: HITT vs LISS with the correct answer. HITT >LISS, for the same amount of time invested of course.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    head! desk! head! desk!

/thread
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    this is why the head desk:

"I'd like to add OP:, Doing something specific such as HIIT, weight training, LISS, some dvd program doesn't result in fat loss. For fat loss to happen you have to burn more calories then you consume. "

OP, find someone who looks how you want to look and ask them what they do. That'll be your best bet.

because if you think about fitness and protecting lean body mass, you will be the man on the left.
    If you follow the advice above and just make sure your cals in is less than your cals out, you'll be the man on the right.
    You just have to decide which you want to be. They have the same body fat percentage.

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    this is why the head desk:

"I'd like to add OP:, Doing something specific such as HIIT, weight training, LISS, some dvd program doesn't result in fat loss. For fat loss to happen you have to burn more calories then you consume. "

OP, find someone who looks how you want to look and ask them what they do. That'll be your best bet.

because if you think about fitness and protecting lean body mass, you will be the man on the left.
    If you follow the advice above and just make sure your cals in is less than your cals out, you'll be the man on the right.
    You just have to decide which you want to be. They have the same body fat percentage.

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg

This!!!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    you know, some of those guys you listed earlier that supposedly don't do any HIIT actually do HIIT. They just do it with weights and call if "high intensity strength training" instead of doing it running and calling it "high intenstiy cardio"...either way, it's a high intensity interval with a short rest, which is what HIIT is.

Oh wait. But I forgot, it doesn't matter what intenstiy you use.... SMH.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    you know, some of those guys you listed earlier that supposedly don't do any HIIT actually do HIIT. They just do it with weights and call if "high intensity strength training" instead of doing it running and calling it "high intenstiy cardio"...either way, it's a high intensity interval with a short rest, which is what HIIT is.

Oh wait. But I forgot, it doesn't matter what intenstiy you use.... SMH.

We're talking about reducing body fat. That's what this topic is about.
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bear in mind that if your goal is improved external appearance, it doesn't matter that much, just do the work.

If your goal is superior fitness your training should be coordinated in a program that includes several approaches, more than just simple HIIT vs LISS.

With a good Polar HRM you can upload your data and measure whether you are over or under training based upon algorythms the've developed. I race DH mountain bikes in the summer, so my focus is specifically to be faster, and to do so I must be more fit.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Granted JUST calories in=calories out is true, we all know that. But who wants to become skinny fat? In order to not become that you HAVE to do exercise, preferably strength training. Because honestly strength training is going to burn more fat and get you at a lower body fat percentage than HIIT or LISS will. And I think that what most of the ppl in this thread are saying is that HIIT is more worth the time if you can handle it and don't have time to spend hours a day.....
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I started HIIT class (think Crossfit) in the first week of January. I'm seeing great results in both weight dropping and clothes fitting differently, even just in one month of doing HIIT 3 times per week. Prior to this, I was doing water aerobics, elliptical, and treadmill. I still do the water aerobics once a week, and still shoot for one or two days of elliptical or treadmill.

As always, your mileage may vary, but since the OP wanted people to chime in with their own experiences, here I am. Boom.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I started HIIT class (think Crossfit) in the first week of January. I'm seeing great results in both weight dropping and clothes fitting differently, even just in one month of doing HIIT 3 times per week. Prior to this, I was doing water aerobics, elliptical, and treadmill. I still do the water aerobics once a week, and still shoot for one or two days of elliptical or treadmill.

As always, your mileage may vary, but since the OP wanted people to chime in with their own experiences, here I am. Boom.

BOOM?? VA VA VOOM!!!!

Also, this is what I do for fun:
    http://youtu.be/iY2paIdfSK4
  • Wade406
    Wade406 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This is what I do for fun: http://youtu.be/o7NYtVl4bqo

Except that's really me.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Well, technically this thread is about if anyone has had success with HIIT. And then you guys wanted to be rude and debate HIIT vs LISS on his thread. The answer to his question is yes you can have success with HIIT. Period. The only unsuccessful exercise is the one you don't do, or do wrong end up injured.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    This is what I do for fun: http://youtu.be/o7NYtVl4bqo

Except that's really me.

Mountain biking is hot!
    I don't have a lot of videos of me doing awesome stuff, but i like to do other things than just lift weights and run :)
    And then you guys wanted to be rude and debate HIIT vs LISS on his thread.

Chill out. That's kinda what the OP asked about.

I just came back in to say I came across this great article that I thought anyone involved in this thread my find interesting:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/six-week-shred-torch-fat-with-hiit-100s.html
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!