Need some encouragement

Options
I am once again going to start the weight loss journey. i have gained 30 pounds since April of last year. I don't eat right and the only exercise i can do (due to health limitations) is walking, stationary bike, and the treadmill. I don't eat right at all because every tooth in my mouth is a sweet tooth. i am trying some new and different things (trail mix, belvita snacks, fruit and fresh veggies) my sweet tooth is getting better. just finding it hard to fix everything so i have success.

Replies

• NdigoBlue
    Options
    One day at a time and one step at a time. Although you have limitations to what exercises you can do you can still do them! Slow and steady wins the race! Try a variety of healthy snacks and sugar free gum. Moderation is the key. You can still eat the foods you like just not as much and not as often
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Pick one step at a time. I found that changing everything at once nearly drove me crazy!

Don't fight the sweet tooth! I have many myself and it's not something I avoid. I get mini or snack size candy, individual ice cream cups, stuff like that.

Start small with exercise! Walking is great and its the exercise I've done for the majority of my weight loss.

Slow and steady! Don't cut your cals down so low you cant stand it or you will get frustrated. Aim for .5 lbs a week. Once you're comfortable with that then up it to 1 lbs a week!

EVERY positive step is a step in the right direction! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Faithweaver
    Faithweaver Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl!!! I am starting over again myself. I am having the same struggles as you are. My eating is the main problem. I just enjoy eating. We can do it together! :)
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    try some spinning classes if you can use a stationary bike. you sure burn a lot in those classes!
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I cut out all sweets and sugary items on my 1st day. I did have a piece of pie about 3 weeks into it during Thanksgiving dinner. It took me about 2 weeks to stop craving sweets altogether. Hang in there!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I had some health issues starting last summer and had surgery mid November and had a 6 week recovery. During that time I became more and more sedentary so right now I'm working my way back to working out by walking and doing Walk Away The Pounds. I'd love to jump back into doing my beloved Brazil Butt Lift because I know how well it works but I just can't right now. I don't want to hurt myself and cause another setback. So right now I'm trying very hard to be content with doing what I can.

I also have a terrible sweet tooth. A life long sweet tooth. Personally, I don't do well with eating a little sugar here and there. I find that I do better if I quit cold turkey and white knuckle it for a few days until the cravings stop. I've noticed that even after the cravings pass and I've done well with eating good foods, if I have a dessert it's like a trigger that makes me want more and more junk. I don't know if that helps you to know that. lol Maybe it might help to know that you're not alone. It's a struggle.