apple cider vinegar

Options
Hello everyone! A lady at work told me she has lost 50 pounds in the last two years, but the last 20 pounds came off in the last couple months. She said she did absolutely nothing different with her diet, did not exercise because she didn't want to get bulky, and all she did was drink some apple cider vinegar (with the mother) with water and honey to taste every morning. This sounds pretty suspicious to me, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried apple cider vinegar, and if you got any results with it?

Replies

• fourthewebbs
    fourthewebbs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've heard Apple Cider Vinegar works for weight loss also. I say give it a try for a couple of weeks. Apple cider vinegar is good for the body anyway so you won't harm your body. Try Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar which you can find at your high end grocery stores like Whole Foods. Good Luck. I may try it with you.
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Reducing calories leads to weight loss. If you do that by only eating 1200 calories of pure white sugar every day or only drinking 25 glasses of vinegar, you'll lose weight but it would still be gross.

I should add that the Mayo Clinic says "no" there's no actual evidence that vinegar itself contributes to weight loss. There's "little scientific evidence or these claims."
  • veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Not sure about weight loss, but I drink a warm cup of water with apple cider vinegar and stevia each morning. It definitely gets things "moving." :0
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I actually love the taste and makes me feel warm. Haha. As far as weight loss no, it's about calorie deficits. Word of caution, it gives me kidney stones 100% of the time i ever used it!! Something about calcium oxalate.
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I get the Braggs organic. I buy it at the vitamin shoppe for like 6 or 8 bucks. It seems to have helped me with my face clearing up. Not sure about weight. I can't stand the taste. Here is how I drink it:

I first make a frozen berry protein shake

Pour a table spoon of apple cider vinegar into a glass. Pour another tablespoon or two of water into same glass. Have another glass of water to chase it

So I drink the first glass. Chase it with the water glass. All of this time I am holding my breath so I cant taste it. I also rinse my mouth with the 2nd glass hoping my teeth are not covered with acid. I then take a drink of Lemon flavored fish oil (still holding my breath) and finally drink a sip of the frozen berry protein shake. Taste like a fresh shot of lemon - actually taste really good. This process takes like 10 seconds lol

PS - googled ACV and kidney stones and it is suppose to help get rid of kidney stones.