mft while exclusively breastfeeding.

Options
My daughter is 3 months old today. I exclusively breastfeed her and she eats 10-15 times a day(she's a chunk at 95% in height and 105% in weight). My net goal is 1200 so I eat between 1500-1700 calories and burn between 300-600 in exercise. I'm a sahm and fulltime online student and also have a 2 year old, so I'm cleaning a 2 story house every day on top of carrying almost 20 pounds of infant for at least 3 hours worth, chasing the toddler, and I still do pilates five times a week and half an hour of zumba three times a week. My supply is very high fat and I still get a full bottle pumped daily, so I know my supply isn't suffering. However, I'm concerned that my net calories are also much lower than I'm accounting since she eats so much every day. I don't know how much I weigh, I was 150 three weeks ago, but I've lost three and a half inches on my waist, one on my hips, and one on my thighs and am back in my pre Prego size 5's since then.

Should I add another 400-500 a day for breastfeeding in the calories burned? And should I be eating more?

Replies

• jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 3 months old today. I exclusively breastfeed her and she eats 10-15 times a day(she's a chunk at 95% in height and 105% in weight). My net goal is 1200 so I eat between 1500-1700 calories and burn between 300-600 in exercise. I'm a sahm and fulltime online student and also have a 2 year old, so I'm cleaning a 2 story house every day on top of carrying almost 20 pounds of infant for at least 3 hours worth, chasing the toddler, and I still do pilates five times a week and half an hour of zumba three times a week. My supply is very high fat and I still get a full bottle pumped daily, so I know my supply isn't suffering. However, I'm concerned that my net calories are also much lower than I'm accounting since she eats so much every day. I don't know how much I weigh, I was 150 three weeks ago, but I've lost three and a half inches on my waist, one on my hips, and one on my thighs and am back in my pre Prego size 5's since then.

Should I add another 400-500 a day for breastfeeding in the calories burned? And should I be eating more?

****... While I'm breastfeeding should I lower my calorie intake?
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'd ask a dr. or nutritionist for the best answer on this.
  • heidiroper
    heidiroper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I, too, have wondered this and would like to see the responses.
  • girl08er
    Options
    Just an update. I learned that you burn 20 calories to make 1oz of milk, so I just put it in as 1 minute is 1oz and add it up as she eats.
  • aoifebos1
    aoifebos1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I never added extra calories for breastfeeding, I figured if my supply wasnt affected I was eating enough. I also have a baby and a two year old so I know how crazy it is!