Ideas for dinner - less than 500 Cal

Options
2»

Replies

• ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1/2 a jar of Weight watchers korma cooking sauce, mushrooms, 1/2 a bag (150g) of, quorn chicken style pieces, with either small portion rice or less than 5 percent fat oven chips and a slice of reduced fat garlic bread. Heaven.:drinker:
  • amadilla
    amadilla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    IMG_20130126_181650_zps04b3116e-1_zpsb77d7b3e.jpg

Veggie burger
    on multigrain deli round flat bread
    1/2 string cheese
    spinach, sweet onion, tomato
    miracle whip
    and sweet potato fries - with greek yogurt as dipping sauce

about 335 calories
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    My go to meal: 6 oz of grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast. 1.5 cups great value salad mix. 2 tbsp kraft ranch dressing. Approx 320 calories, and pretty dang filling.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com, I think nearly all her recipes per serving are less than 500 calories. Plus they're tasty and easy to make.
  • erg2013
    erg2013 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love a cup of rice, diced fire roasted tomatoes, a little corn and steak with fajita seasoning.
    Takes minutes to make and yum!
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideasB
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I love having breakfast for dinner. Bacon, eggs, a little cheese, some veggies, and some toast with a little butter. Omnomnom.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    All my dinners are less than 500.

4 oz of beef, chicken breast, salmon, fish or lean pork and 2 cups of veggies! Mix n match, spice it up and go easy on the salt.
  • osmom3kids
    Options
    Not sure how to correctly post a link but here is one of my fav recipes on SkinnyTaste

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/04/kale-and-potato-soup-with-turkey.html

So good and under 300 cals a serving
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Nuts, greek yogurt, whole grains - believe it or not popcorn -m air popped; granola bars...are a few. Nuts are great because they have the good kind of fat and your body processes it differently.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    When I have a mexican craving, I make a low cal variation of Chicken Fajitas

I use old el paso tortillas because my husband will eat them but you can do lower cal/carb tortillas. 2 are 150 cals. Just cook up chicken breast and either weigh out or if you don't have a scale break it into fractions for about 4oz (think packs usually come in 1 lb so take 1/4th). Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts are about 180 cals for 4 oz. I warm up the tortillas, cook up some green peppers (and whatever other veggies you want...they're low cal so load em up!) with the chicken and then add it to the tortillas. I then add 1/4 cup of cheese (split between the two fajitas) and some pace chunky salsa (10 calories for 2 tbsp!) Altogether for 2 it is 447 calories.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian flat bread pizza - < 300 cal and a good sized personal pizza

Flatout - Flatout Flatbread - Multi-Grain With Flax, 1 flatbread (53g)

Red Pepper Raw - ring (3" dia, 1/4" thick), 1 Ring ( cut in pieces)

Spinach Baby Organic -- Triple Washed, 1.2 cups

Fresh Plum (Roma) Tomato,1 med ( cut in pieces)

Whole White Mushrooms, 3 oz ( sliced -about 2-3 mushrooms)

Contadina - Tomato Paste With Roasted Garlic , 1 Tbsp ( mix with enough water to spread on flatbread)

Black Pearls - Sliced Ripe Olives, 2 Tbsp (16g)

Mrs. Dash - Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend - Salt-Free, 1/2 tsp (0.7g) or season to taste

Polly-O Cheese - Mozzarella Fat Free, 2 oz (28g)

Belgioioso Parmesan Cheese - Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese, 1 Tbsp

Mix tomato paste with approx 1 tbsp water - spread with knife on bread, top with all the prepared veggies and black olives, season with Mrs Dash extra spicy seasoning, finish with grated mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees on aluminum foil - sprayed with non stick olive oil spray for appox 8-12 min. Make sure bottom is browned.

This is loaded with veggies and my own recipe. You can alter any way you want .
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a personal favorite but it's a crockpot recipe. Throw the ingredients below into a crockpot and let it cook all day - around 300 cal a serving and it's delicious!!

Ingredients Calories Fat Carbs Fiber Protein Sodium
    Great Value - Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, 16 oz (112g) 440 10 0 0 92 880
    Uncle Ben's - Natural Whole Grain Brown Rice, 4 cup cooked 680 6 144 8 16 0
    Lundberg Farms - Organic Wild Rice Blend, 1 cup (45g) 640 4 140 12 16 0
    Knorr - Homestyle Stock - Chicken, 1 container (1 pot (11g) ea.) 45 3 3 0 2 2,550
    Hunt's - Diced Tomatoes - 100% Natural Rosemary & Oregano, 2 container (1 4/5 cup (123 g) ea.)
    280 0 63 14 7 2,240
    Total: 2085 23 350 34 133 5670
    Per Serving: 298 3 50 5 19 810

Makes 7 15oz servings
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I tried to take a screenshot but no such luck
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    BUMp 4later... thanks
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Grilled or baked chicken with veggies and use spices instead of sauce.
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    meat, veggies, olive oil - BAM!