1 Year on MFP -74 Pounds and still going!!

Options
tnichol4
tnichol4 Posts: 58 Member
Last January my husband was in a terrible accident at work where he could have lost his life. We were very fortunate that he didn't but at that moment I decided that things had to change. Being obese was affecting my life every second of the day. I never complained or cared about how heavy I was but I wanted to live longer to be with those who I loved. I played soccer all growing up and never really worried about my weight but after high school I started to pack on the pounds and after I got married I gained 60 pounds over two years. So I started out at 261 and 5 3' in 2011 before I found mfp. I started running but I only lost 13 pounds that whole year after I had my baby. I have two beautiful children and a wonderful husband who are my inspiration daily. Last January I discovered mfp from a few friends that were doing it and I have never looked back. I track every single day, on Sundays I have free day and that works great for me. If I want a big treat or a favorite meal I just save it until Sunday. I always look up calories when I am going out to eat and I also workout 5-6 times a week. I started out at a tight size 20 and a XXL. I am now wearing a Medium shirt and a waist size 30 jeans or a 10, I just bought them Saturday. It is an amazing feeling to walk into any store and find clothes that fit, also knowing I will never have to wear plus size again is so sweet. I want to thank my awesome friends and family who have supported me. I still have about 39 pounds to lose but I wanted to put something up for my year mark. In the bottom pics I did break my toe playing soccer last week that is why I am wearing a boot but its all good because I did it doing what I love most. I had some great accomplishments in 2012:

Ran a 5K
Ran a 10K
Ran a half marathon
Did a sprint tri
Completed the tri series at my gym
Spent tons of time on the floor with my children and playing outside with them
Bought a swim suit and wore it to the pool
Playing soccer again

Anyone can do this! It just takes dedication and will power. Feel free to add me.

250poundsorso_zpse6ba725e.jpg
I am about 250 pounds here.
family_zps2d12a12d.jpg
Before.
January2012_zpsdc6566e4.jpg
January 2012
-30pounds_zps22f89ab9.jpg
Down 30 pounds
-45pounds_zps15444041.jpg
Down 45 pounds
-74pounds_zps3d942a2a.jpg
Down 74 pounds, one year.
OneYear21-27-13_zps36e7d84d.jpg
One Year 74 Pounds.
OneYear1-27-13_zpsae0d01d1.jpg

Replies

• gottalose55
    gottalose55 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Congrats on your new life!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! You are so inspirational! Awesome job! :drinker:
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, what an example of determination and human spirit you are . Great job!
  • Kirst412
    Options
    SO inspirational... seriously!!!!
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! Great job with all the running and activity! It must have been a great feeling to buy a bathing suit and go to the pool! Congrats!
  • pretty4Jesus
    pretty4Jesus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    woohoo girl! you look great! God bless! :D
  • Sparkie134
    Sparkie134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look wonderful! Congrats!
  • emma_louise_23
    Options
    Such an inspiration well done you look amazing :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Job well done!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    So so happy for you and those kids are adorable...You have done a wonderful job on your journey thus far....Happy 1yr..
  • runningfataway
    Options
    You've got beautiful eyes! Great job on the weight loss.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work! You look great!
  • Santan9ful
    Options
    Keep up the Awesome Work-You Look AMAZING:smile:
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!Well done!!
  • blwalton70
    blwalton70 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Where to even start. It's because of you Tara, that I have been able to do what I have. You inspire me everyday. Your will power, stamina, positivity, and strength are awe inspiring and moving to all who know you. You were beautiful then and even more beautiful now. You have proven to all and yourself that anyone can do anything as long as they stay determined and committed. You are a prime example of discipline and hard work. Love you and keep up the great work..... I know without a doubt, you will.
  • Luv2Cook
    Luv2Cook Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I needed some motivation and your post did it! Congratulations! :)
  • westva2nc
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • tnichol4
    tnichol4 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! So excited for new friends :)
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!