Replacement for eating yogurt?

Options
For some reason I cannot bring myself to like the taste of yogurt. I've tried every kind, flavor, etc. I like fruit cups with lite syrup, but they say yogurt is so good for your body. Any suggestions to train my brain into liking this stuff?

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Have you tried greek?

If I want crunch, I add granola. If I want more sweet, a few mini chocolate chips. I like the consistency of greek yogurt opposed to just regular. And it's higher in protein!
  • gem5639
    gem5639 Posts: 90
    Options
    Do you like milk? If so drink that - benefit of yoghurt is mainly calcium...And you can get enough of that through milk without forcing yourself to eat something you don't like...
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I put Greek yogurt in smoothies sometimes. Don't really notice it when it's all blended in
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Instead of a glob of sour cream, use non fat plain greek yogurt.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I hate cottage cheese. There is nothing I can do to it to make myself like the stuff. So, I don't eat it. There are plenty of other healthy things for me to eat.
  • OhioUmom
    OhioUmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! Haven't tried Greek yogurt..maybe I will. As for milk....I love it so I guess as long as I'm getting my calcium I'm good!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Yeah Greek? Or mix into smoothies, or baking?

Or try vegan yogurt (same amount of calcium) but a little different tasting. They have soy, and coconut milk varieties.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Milk is a good source of calcium, but greek yogurt has calcium and a lot more protein than regualr yogurt. Chobani brand, one of my favorites, has some great new flavors out, more like dessert almost. Watch for added sugars etc in the flavored ones, but if it helps you to like it, just figure it into your daily numbers!
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Try Greek God honey vanilla yogurt, I find it to be nothing like all the others, its so good, like creamy icecream, it is more fatning, but eat less.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Throw some into a fruit smoothie! You won't even taste it.
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I mix nonfat yougurt with peaches on the bottom with sugarfree jello and then add a tablespoon of whipped topping on top. I use two ounces of yougurt to a serving of sf strawberry jello. You could have more jello or more yougurt. It is yummy to me and gets me 5 grams of protein.
  • WhiteSage13
    WhiteSage13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you get the plain and add your own flavoring that would help. My favorite is applesauce with cinnamon and low calorie sweetener. It's like the dutch apple in the store. You can control any sugar and flavor to taste. If you need more flavor to make it enjoyable add it. You can always back it down a little at a time to get yourself used to the taste. You could also add it to protein mix and make a smoothie. You control how much you put in till you like it.

Good luck!
    WhiteSage 13
  • CoachJake83
    Options
    Add in some flax and fruit?
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Try ice cream instead
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Why bother? Don't like it? Then don't eat it!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! Haven't tried Greek yogurt..maybe I will. As for milk....I love it so I guess as long as I'm getting my calcium I'm good!

Keep in mind that yogurt is more than just calcium and protein...particularly if you get a good greek yogurt, it is chalked full of live, active probiotic cultures that are awesome for digestion
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Try ice cream instead

This.

If you don't like yogurt, don't eat it. Life's too short to eat food you don't enjoy.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it?
  • mhabing
    mhabing Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I put mini marshmallows in my yogurt and stir them in. They are also low in calories :)
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Do you like milk? If so drink that - benefit of yoghurt is mainly calcium...And you can get enough of that through milk without forcing yourself to eat something you don't like...

its also the probiotics... but you can buy that in tablet form...............