Fluxuation of weight stays in the same area

Options
Ehhh My weight does not change at all its stay up and down in the 250s It won't go down... but I know I am loosing inches. My pants and shirts tell me this... How long did it take for everyone see the real change in weight?

I know some people say you are converting fat to muscle. I got that.

Some people are saying... It will pass and eventually start going down... I got that.

Just curious on how long it took for others to see a change in their weight.

Replies

• stellafgus
    stellafgus Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You have hit a plateau, try changing the foods you eat and doing something different with your exercising, maybe swimming or spinning. What has happened is your body has gotten use to your routine and food. You should notice a different in the number on the scale.
  • sudowpa2
    Options
    Even if i see a difference in my clothes... Do you think maybe just I am loosing inches and converting fat.

I do a lot of stuff and I do different things. I am trying different foods....

I have a very big bone structure. Maybe that is just what I will weight for the rest of my life LOL
  • stellafgus
    Options
    Ok here is a tip Keep a food journal make sure you’re getting
    3 proteins a day
    3 veggies a day
    2-3 fruits a day
    2-3 grains a day
    2 dairy a day
    At least 8 glasses of water
    A good multi vitamin
    At least 30 minutes a day of some kind of exersice
  • sudowpa2
    Options
    i think that is my problem. I dont get enough fruits and veggies... i need to incorporate that. I get everything else. I will also up my protein.

thank you for the information.
  • stellafgus
    Options
    Incorporate the veggies and fruit at snack time if you’re having a hard time eating them, eat at least two snacks a day, this means you’re eating five times a day: Three meals, Breakfast your most important meal even if it’s not your typical breakfast food, think outside the box like maybe soup or sandwich, snack, lunch your biggest meal, snack, and then dinner.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I usually hovered around a certain weight for about a week. 1/2 pound up, 1 pound down, .2 up, just sort of hovering. Then .8 loss and then hover some more. I keep a paper journal so seeing the downward trends has helped me keep my sanity and my motivation. My longest "hover" was when I was trying to consistently break under 150#. It took me three weeks.
  • stellafgus
    Options
    I keep a paper journal too, with boxes for my proteins, veggies, fruits, dairy, water and grains, that way I know where I fall short and can add them in by the end of the day 2 pounds to go you can do it
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    2 pounds to go you can do it

I've already done it, I am on my hover up. lol Maintenance and learning what works for the long term is also a challenge. Other than a peek or two after high sodium days, I have put the scale away and log my weight once a week. If my log day happens to be on an up day, I have a week to worry about it. lol. It ain't easy, folks. It's a long, distant road when it's for the rest of your life.