Body for Life

Anyone done Body for Life, I am going to get the book today, my eating is just wrong apparently!! Any support would be VERY APpreciated!!!!

Replies

• lbpslah
    lbpslah Posts: 35 Member
    maybe because it's an older program, no one knows what I'm talking about??
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    I did it two years ago but didnt follow the food side of things. I lost alot of weight and inches. Is a great programme. I still use the reps and sets method while weightlifting today.
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    My husband has followed BFL for about 3 years now, it works for him. I really loved the workout schedule and effective way of working out, but for me, I found all I wanted to do was eat, and it is very restrictive 6 days a week, but you get the one cheat day. You don't count calories on the program, but as long as you follow the 6 meals a day (carb, protein and veg) you should be OK. I lost 26 lbs in 3 months on it, and I was stronger than I had ever been. It is my full intention to start it again once I have lost about 30 lbs by diet alone.
  • Fantastic program! All the best to you!!
  • lbpslah
    lbpslah Posts: 35 Member
    Thanks guys for your information!!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    I really like Body-for-Life. I stopped and started many times, but one time I made it through the 12 weeks. I lost significant inches! I got pregnant right after I finished the 12 weeks, and went back to my old habits. I felt great when i did it though! I am actually doing the weight portion of the program right now. Good luck!
  • I followed it for a couple months before I got pregnant with my 3rd (surprise! haha!) I lost 10lbs. on it though and loosely follow it still
  • mywise
    mywise Posts: 43 Member
    Did it 12 years ago with awesome results..got pregnant n life happened.. Started up again last year and am finishing my 3 rd round this week. As OP stated you dont count cals and have good results... this current 12 wks i decided to count calories and am having Amazing results.....I found by NOT counting I wasnt eating enough and therefore my progress stalled....
  • cld111
    Geez, looks like a few of us did it and then got preggo! Better watch out, might be something with this program! :laugh:
  • rainking1492
    rainking1492 Posts: 6 Member
    I did it years ago (like 9 or 10) and it worked great - it was really got me into losing weight and remaining crazy fit. I'm trying to lose again now ... however, I think I lost about 20lbs on it. And it was definitely the best I've ever looked! Lifting weights is great - which I've got to get back into! Body Pump just doesn't quite cut it. I used the free days, and still was very successful!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    maybe because it's an older program, no one knows what I'm talking about??

Look at my weight loss...... ya, I've heard of it!! :)

Finally got to meet Bill Phillips a few weeks ago. Totally cool moment :)
  • mywise
    mywise Posts: 43 Member
    Did you meet him at Transformation camp??? Id love to go to one.
  • juliekaiser1988

Just a meet n greet. I live in his neck of the woods. Transformation is only like 5 miles from my house!
  • juliekaiser1988

Just a meet n greet. I live in his neck of the woods. Transformation is only like 5 miles from my house!

I had him sign my Body for Life for my son and Eating for Life for me!
  • harmonyh10
    harmonyh10 Posts: 58 Member
    My husband has just finished his first 12 weeks and totally rocked the body for life, he looks totally hot and is feeling better than he has in years.
  • cld111

I had him sign my Body for Life for my son and Eating for Life for me!

I'm jealous! Bill Phillips is awesome!
  • I am on week three of my challenge. I did it after I had my daughter 12 years ago and then let my self go. I am doing the couch to 5K for my cardio though. I am counting my calories though. I found out I wasn't eating even 1000 calories a day. I haven't lost a lot though. I remember that week 8 was the magic week. That seems to be when you and everyone else notices that you are loosing. Keep in touch and let us know how you are progressing.