your one MUST HAVE food....

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
whats the one food, treats aside, that you end up going back to time and time again for health benefits, low calories, whatever. I'm writing a shopping list and looking for ideas lol. Mine is probably hummus.

Replies

• hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast. I always have some in my fridge.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt. Fills me up and only 100 calories, perfect snack!
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Chicken breast. I always have some in my fridge.

ooh yep def need that. I LOVE chicken, can happily eat it any which way :D
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Greek yoghurt. Fills me up and only 100 calories, perfect snack!

the greek yoghurts here (New Zealand) seem to be high cal high fat, so I usually end up going for 'live lite' ones which are lower calorie. Sucks because everyone raves about the greek yoghurt so I'd love to find some here! Any Kiwis know anything more on this?
  • cielbee
    cielbee Posts: 62
    Options
    Corn tortillas. They're really versatile and I almost always have them in the fridge.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Nut butter! Peanut, almond....either one! I cant live without it! I even use it in my dessert! I love it mixed with plain greek yogurt. so I guess greek yogurt would be #2. None of the flavored ones, way to much sugar! I like mine plain with peanut butter in it!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    baby spinach salad w/ assorted fixin's
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dream

I don't even know what that is but it sounds like heaven
  • debwagner31
    debwagner31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Breakstone's Low fat cottage cheese!!!
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Nut butter! Peanut, almond....either one! I cant live without it! I even use it in my dessert! I love it mixed with plain greek yogurt. so I guess greek yogurt would be #2. None of the flavored ones, way to much sugar! I like mine plain with peanut butter in it!
    '

i have peanut butter for breakfast - haven't tried almond butter, but cashew butter is yum. Don't like the macadamia one as much, yet macs are probably my fave nuts! I'm obsessive about nut butters - no sugar or salt in them, and gotta have crunchy bits!
  • zubin14
    zubin14 Posts: 16
    Options
    blueberries - the best anti-oxident! Eat them almost everyday.:flowerforyou:
  • rbjd2004
    Options
    Avocado and chicken. If I enjoy an entire avocado each day between lunch (with chicken) and dinner (with chicken) I am sooo full and happy. Change it up with the choices of veggies and dressing.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Broccoli! I eat it almost everyday with olive oil and spices-love it and can't live without it.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Avocado! I swear I could eat it every day and never get tired.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    blueberries - the best anti-oxident! Eat them almost everyday.:flowerforyou:

i love them too, theyre so seasonal and expensive here but i dont' care.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Broccoli! I eat it almost everyday with olive oil and spices-love it and can't live without it.

i got into eating it raw over the summer, in salads, or with plain yoghurt and seeds/nuts/dukkah etc.

surprisingly yum! i've always liked it cooked but i'm loving it raw atm.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    too many to just name one:

eggs
    chicken breast
    greek yogurt
    salmon (and pretty much any other fish, including shell fish) and frozen salmon burgers for my quick after gym dinners
    Avocado
    almonds
    oranges
    blueberries
    kale or spinach (but I prefer kale)
    broccoli
    low sodium v8
    coach's oats oatmeal

And so many more