New to the site

Options
PhabPhilo
PhabPhilo Posts: 30 Member
Hello MFPs!!!

I am new to this site but not new to weight loss. Until my mid-30s, my weight was not an issue. With each passing decade of my life my metabolism went down and my weight went up. I would diet and drop the 10, 20, or 30 pounds and keep it move’n. Now in my 50s the drop it and keep it moving is not so easy. I suffer chronic back pain which at times prevents me from exercising beyond the stretching exercises provided in physical therapy. Otherwise, I am relatively healthy and active.

Joining this site is part of a plan to modify my lifestyle so that I can apply all of the weight loss and fitness lessons that I know to be true from experience, while learning ways to improve my life on a long-term basis…LIKE FOREVER!

My doctor recommends I no longer run and to avoid all impact sports or exercises. I walk in the neighborhood with Puffy, my dog. I also walk on my treadmill. I do strength training on my recumbent stationary bike for my lower body, and free weights for my upper body. The stretching and exercises received from my physical therapist serve to strengthen my stomach muscles and lower back.

I am hoping that the food diary will help me to focus and become disciplined. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome, keeping track of our food intake will make us more conscious of what we eat.

B
  • PhabPhilo
    PhabPhilo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome. I'm interested to see what my 7-day stats will show.