Replies

• Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about that myself!
  • ashleylelani
    ashleylelani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was gonna ask the same question. I have been using the general aerobic/dance option but i'm gonna start using a heart rate monitor and calculate my exact calories
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    it would be nice to have!
  • LindaDAdams
    Options
    let me know how that works for you. I used moderate cycling for one hr - that gave me the correct calories burned. the class Im in is an hour.
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I burn 450 to 520 in an hour rumba. Depending on how hard I work and the teachers routine
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I believe I found it in the database under cardio when I went to"add an exercise"...it calculated me @ 553 calories per hour
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i logged it as dance as well. but i guessing the calories would differ from person to person.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    you can add it as an exercise, will show up under my exercises.
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitors is the only way to go. Once you got that you can log in your own exercise named zumba and use your calories burned. I found out that none of the exercise calories burned matched my heart rate monitor. Most of them were greatly over exaggerated.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    you can use the dance option in the MFP database. The only way to really tell how much you are burning is by your heart rate.
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I used to log it as High impact aerobics. Now i own a heart rate monitor and I love having an accurate calorie count. Typically i burn between 550-600 calories for a 55 minute class! :)
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing too. I just logged 50 minutes of Zumba for 292 calories. I used my heart rate monitor. Some days I burn more depends on my energy level and out put.
  • trinaevans79
    Options
    I am 5'5 130 lbs and I burn 430-550 doing zumba for an hour. I use a heart monitor as well.
  • serinamae97
    Options
    I go onto zumbacalories.com and it tells me how many calories I burned and it seems to be pretty accurate so far..
  • LindaDAdams
    Options
    Thank you - I will try that!!:happy: