How can I lose my belly fat quickly??

Options
Ive tried eating various foods, short exercise bursts, dietary supplements...

Nothing at all seems to be working!!

Anyone with similar problems? Or have you overcome it??

Feel free to add me; I could use all the support I can get!!

Thanks!<33

Replies

• RockOnAllDay
    Options
    Really what you need to do to lose belly fat is to lose fat in general. You can't spot reduce no matter how hard you try, and where the fat comes off your body is just genetic.
    Best of luck to you! (:
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Really what you need to do to lose belly fat is to lose fat in general. You can't spot reduce no matter how hard you try, and where the fat comes off your body is just genetic.
    Best of luck to you! (:

yup yup
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Still have it but it is going downwith the weight loss :) stick with it it takes time
  • IrellStarling
    Options
    Best of luck to you! (:

They're right. People have been trying for ages to get rid of belly fat 'naturally'. The only way I know to specifically target an area is surgery which I would never recommend. Just keep watching the calories and keep your metabolism up by exercising, You'll eventually loose fat there too.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    This is what I did (and am still doing to lose mine.)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/868485-lifting-made-me-fat

Seems to be working pretty well so far.

**Also, the above posters are correct, you can't spot reduce. Reducing your bf is how you do it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. About 20% calorie deficit and solid strength routine.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! (:

true story.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. About 20% calorie deficit and solid strength routine.
    ^^this
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options

Yes to this.

I've whittled 8 inches off my waist in about 8 months with exercise and diet. Lifting and strengthening the core have been key. I also try to eat mostly (70%-ish) clean. You really can't rush it.
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is the stage I am currently at.

From the hundreds of articles I have read they all pretty much say the same thing eat healthy and exercise.

I know that doesn't help much does it maybe watch what you are eating a few things I have read said to increase protein and cut back on sugars.

Like others have said you can't spot reduce and I've read that doing 100 sit ups a night could be adding to your stomach not cutting back on it. Just keep up the cardio and all over strength training don't give up :smile:
  • rrowdiness
    rrowdiness Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the body doesn't work that way...the only way to spot remove fat is to do so manually (ie surgery).

You can disguise it by toning, generally via weight lifting. It doesn't make the fat go away but it frames it better and draws attention to other parts of your body. Many women are apprehensive about weightlifting; there are multiple support groups on MFP that do a great job of selling the benefits.

not just a ladies' problem, either. I am down 30kg and still have a spare tyre.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Can't do it quickly, but ever so slowly......weights lifting, cardio, circuit, abs, core, and eat less fat. It is working, but slowly......
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    *constructive criticism" You should maybe start eating a little bit healthier. More REAL food. I see mostly fast food and candy bars in your diary. Start eating A LOT more fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, healthy fats, small amounts of lean protein such as chicken, fish, lean beef and pork, limited low fat dairy.

A book that really made a profound change in the way I look at food is Food Matters by Mark Bittman.

http://content.markbittman.com/books/food-matters

:)

Just remember, you didn't GAIN weight quickly, don't expect to be able to LOSE it quickly.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Can't do it quickly, but ever so slowly......weights lifting, cardio, circuit, abs, core, and eat less fat. It is working, but slowly......
    Dietary fat =/= Body fat
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Ever try eating at a calorie deficit, perhaps combined with a moderate exercise plan while monitoring your weight loss over an extended period of time? I've heard some people have had success with that
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    liposuction1_zpsd2834c22.gif
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    liposuction1_zpsd2834c22.gif

^^^^Hahaha!! This is the ONLY way to spot reduce your belly fat and it's definitely the fastest!!
  • katrinajMiles
    katrinajMiles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    http://getflatbellytips.com/high-protein-food-helps-to-get-a-flat-belly/

I came across this website might find a few helpful tips. To sum it up they have pretty much said to eat lean protein and exercise. (cardio, strength and yoga)
  • fit4life1985
    fit4life1985 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cyclic Ketogenic Diet. I am currently on this eating 2000 calories, and having a cheat day once a week. I have currently lost 12ish pounds of FAT in 20 days. Not just my water weight from glycogen stores being depleted. I would look into this. Change your body over from using glucose to ketones for energy. Don't be scared of fat like the government says.