What's YOUR motivation?

Options
2»

Replies

• NCVF
    NCVF Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My health is my motivation. After being over 300 pounds for about 25 years, I thought I was slowly killing myself. I chose to live.

WOW!!! youre inspirational!
  • mmccarthy3115
    mmccarthy3115 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I don't like taking meds..... at all!! I want off these meds! So, I'm working my tail off (almost literally), and hoping it will help. If not, that's ok, at least I'll be in better health than I was before I started. :happy:
  • TallyGal97
    TallyGal97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My health, feeling better with more energy, and of course, looking hot in jeans!
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh as one of my all-time favourite sayings goes:

"Success is the greatest revenge." :flowerforyou:

So as much as this journey is for me, it's also a great opportunity to shove it in the faces of everyone who wasn't very nice to me in the past... the ex-boyfriend, the girl who was horrible to me, the boys who didn't hit on my because of my weight...

I can't wait until I reach my goal, and I'll be fit, thin, and even more beautiful and they can all be kicking themselves for treating me horrible earlier. :drinker:

Of course, I also find the idea of clothes very motivating. I used to want to do fashion design, so I'm really passionated about style and everything, but I also believe in dressing for your shape and body to bring out your best. At the moment this means I can't wear a lot of things I really want to, because they just don't suit my figure right now.

I also want to get into dance and wear a leotard, wear some bikinis at the beach, and not feel like the "fat-friend" when my girlfriends and I go out to a bar!

Losing weight won't instantly make me a better person and fix all my troubles, I know that, but society is so wonderfully messed up that the opposite sex will probably find me more attractive 50lbs lighter. And that's kind of something to look forward to! :wink:
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    My eldest son. He a Football Player. Ripped.

My Wife. She's lost nearly 40kg.

My youngest son. He wouldn't know what fruit is :/

But what really got me motivated was this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9GMO3yvkA&playnext=1&list=PL1419510182B0D418&feature=results_video
  • Ullgetthere2
    Options
    My motivation is to feel sexy again! To want to go out instead of stay in with my jogging pants. I want to have the motivation again to put on make up, my heels and feel amazing. About 3 years ago I would have amazing outfits at work and wear my heels everyday! Somewhere along the line I just stopped and fell into a comfort routine. I want to wear great outfits again and feel great! Not like the oversize girl!
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    The fact that I could get kicked out of the military if I don't weigh a certain amount lol

But seriously, my motivation is that one day I will be able to wear a slim fitting t shirt without having to put a jacket on over it.
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 50 this year. I want to remain healthy...and to look good in a bikini :)
  • bpmartyr
    bpmartyr Posts: 141
    Options
    Looking good naked :)
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    Most easily put : Me.

When I looked in the mirror the day before I started eating better, I realized the person staring back at me had been.. Lost. Forgotten. Needing help. The person staring at me, needed me. It was then that I realized that nobody can take care of my body, but me... and it was time to do just that.

I'm sorry you're going through a hard time with your soon to be ex. Mind over matter, you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    To look amazing for the guy I'm so happy to be with and to wear something lighter than a big hoodie all year round -.- and of course to be healthy :)
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I want to go the single-digit size racks again when I'm shopping. I want to be able to zip up my knee-high boots. I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror. I want to be able to walk or stand for long periods without my feet killing me. I want to be able to walk back uphill from the mailbox without having to catch my breath. I want to take the top and doors off my Jeep and drive around without feeling self-conscious. I want men to stammer and stare at the floor (or the more confident ones to have a twinkle their eye) again when they talk to me.
  • NCVF
    Options
    I want to go the single-digit size racks again when I'm shopping. I want to be able to zip up my knee-high boots. I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror. I want to be able to walk or stand for long periods without my feet killing me. I want to be able to walk back uphill from the mailbox without having to catch my breath. I want to take the top and doors off my Jeep and drive around without feeling self-conscious. I want men to stammer and stare at the floor (or the more confident ones to have a twinkle their eye) again when they talk to me.

LOL I LOVE this! And I'd also like to own a pair of knee high boots!
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    To have the strength, balance, and endurance to do the things I want to do. To run, jump, and play without everything jiggling all over the place and people commenting on it. To be stronger than the jerks who try to pick on me.
  • rabt6f
    rabt6f Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am the wife to a husband who is gone 4 to 7 days a week. Together, we have a wonderful 2 year old daughter and I feel like I raise her by myself most of the time.
    I want to be healthy for my daughter, I want her to know what "healthy" is, not what "skinny" is. I want her to have the basis to make good choices in life and enjoy being active. I'm not going to just tell her about food and exercise, I'm going to show her what it looks like!
    I want to make sure my husband remembers how sexy I can be so he never has to look anywhere else but me! I want him to be the husband with the "hott wife." And if he ever does look elsewhere for love, I'm going to make sure he regrets that decision every time he looks at me!
    For me, I want to show everyone I will not be obese like the rest of my family. I will never blame my family genes or my toddler for the extra pounds. I will own every calorie I put in my mouth and will blame only myself if I don't loose the weight. For me, I want to be responsible for me and be the best "me" I can be.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not perfect, I'm a little overweight by BMI standards, and I can't wear a bikini like a model. But I do look good and I know that I can make myself what I want to be. Which is healthy, not skinny!
  • NCVF
    Options
    Ahhhhh as one of my all-time favourite sayings goes:

"Success is the greatest revenge." :flowerforyou:

So as much as this journey is for me, it's also a great opportunity to shove it in the faces of everyone who wasn't very nice to me in the past... the ex-boyfriend, the girl who was horrible to me, the boys who didn't hit on my because of my weight...

I can't wait until I reach my goal, and I'll be fit, thin, and even more beautiful and they can all be kicking themselves for treating me horrible earlier. :drinker:

Of course, I also find the idea of clothes very motivating. I used to want to do fashion design, so I'm really passionated about style and everything, but I also believe in dressing for your shape and body to bring out your best. At the moment this means I can't wear a lot of things I really want to, because they just don't suit my figure right now.

I also want to get into dance and wear a leotard, wear some bikinis at the beach, and not feel like the "fat-friend" when my girlfriends and I go out to a bar!

Losing weight won't instantly make me a better person and fix all my troubles, I know that, but society is so wonderfully messed up that the opposite sex will probably find me more attractive 50lbs lighter. And that's kind of something to look forward to! :wink:

Is that You in the picture? if so, you have nothing to worry about!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    My wife keeps telling me that if I want to be a "kept man" I'd better be worth keeping. And it's cold in Canada this time of year.
  • ebonyb202
    ebonyb202 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wanna look like I feel! & be fit.

My short term motivation is my trip to Miami with my college friends coming up in May. I have about 3 months and I'm gonna work my *kitten* off to look as good as possible
  • mstjmack26
    mstjmack26 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I weighed 130-135 pounds in 2008 (18 years old). I've gained the first 30 pounds in 2009 (19 years old) and the other half in 2010 (20 years old) and I got up to 195 pounds. In summer of 2011 (21 years old) something clicked and I ran all that summer. I lost almost half of what I gained, since then I've been in the 170s all throughout 2012 (22 years old). I just had a birthday. I'm now 23, thinking I am so young, I really want to be healthy once again. Pictures from me at 130lbs and at 195lbs just remind me every single day that I am doing this for my health. I come to finally realize that I am my biggest motivation. :) Im working towards my goal remaining very positive :)

Well said!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm just so tired of being embarrassed and uncomfortable about how I look. I loathe shopping because it's so much work to find clothes that fit well. Another motivator is that summer is right around the corner and I know if I work hard I can look great instead of feel uncomfortable.