Woman Question

Options
So I'm wondering, I made sure that I stayed in the mid 70's for two weeks before I counted it as official. Last Wednesday I was at 175.8. How is it today I stepped on the scale and it says 185.8. I do have TOM this week, but I've never fluctuated so majorily that I'm wondering if this is normal? Thanks ya'll!

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    PMS water weight, happens to most woman, it can vary greatly each time and varies for each of us
  • keshmo88
    keshmo88 Posts: 8
    Options
    A 10 pound increase is quite high, as healthy changes says PMS makes you hold onto a lot of water, drink at least 2 Litres (sorry don't know that in American measurement) or 8 glasses of water a day and it will help to flush out the excess water. If you know you haven't done anything wrong then I wouldn't worry :) How often do you weigh? I'd suggest weekly because day to day it can change so much, and as you see it can be quite discouraging!

Good luck :)
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just happened to me. I was going down on the scale until just before TOM. Now I am going back down but I am not at where I was before TOM. I still have .2lbs before I am where I was last week :( I am doing it all right so I am not worried. Just keep going through it. Don't let it discourage you as long as you are doing everything like you were prior to this gain
  • chrit4u
    chrit4u Posts: 34
    Options
    Same scale?????
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just gained 5 lbs. over night due to TOM. I think the others gave great advice though- drinking tons of water really helps you release it when TOM is done, plus water helps me so much with cramps. Wait until next week before you get too anxious :)
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 5-10 pounds. All depends.... my doctor said it's completely normal and healthy,
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have gained 7lbs before with TOM. Just weigh in next week and you will feel better.
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses! Just to answer the question... yes it was the same scale, it hadn't moved, and nobody else is around to touch it! So... I will just wait until next week to weight. I only count my weight when I weigh in on Mondays, but I will weigh myself off and on throughout the week just to see how it fluctuates. I've just never had it jump so bad! Ugh! Thank you again!
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    And you weighed yourself at the same time of day? You weigh the least when you first get up in the morning (after relieving yourself). I agree with the girls about water, because 10 lbs is 35,000. calories extra you would have had to eaten if it were fat. :noway:

Keep up the good work, you're doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • Thaedra
    Thaedra Posts: 52
    Options
    The same thing just happened to me; gained 5 lbs in two days. (Argh!) I saw another post on this site about it (Look up PMS and weight gain) and one member said her doctor told her that women can gain between 2 and 10 lbs around that time. I'm sure I already knew this about myself, but it really got me down this morning. Feeling much better now that I know it's not just me. :blushing: