Other Moms of young kids?

Options
I need friends in general, so anyone can add me, but I would love to get some other mom friends of toddlers or younger. I have a 12-month-old and I am already at my pre-pregnancy weight (i was really lucky about that!) and can wear all my pre-pregnancy clothes, but I have that weird layer of extra skin/fat on my lower belly and the backs of my arms. Y'all know what I mean! haha

Anyways, I'm at 149 and I am trying to lose twenty pounds my June 1, as well as trying to tone my legs, butt, abs, and arms.

Any other moms with similar goals? Any Mommy success stories? Any support at all? Haha.

P.S. What do you do with the little ones when working out? For now, my Dad has been a big help with DH is gone. but am unsure what I'll do when he leaves.

Replies

• kdjess08
    Options
    I am not a success story (yet!) Lol. I have 3 kids, ages 2, 3, and 5. I have gained 45 pounds during my years of being pregnant, and am trying to lose it.

As for what I do with the littles while working out. Good question! Ha. My 5 year old is in school, but the other 2 are constantly under my feet and running around me, I deal with it. I'd loooove to join a gym, though.
  • m5parr
    m5parr Posts: 21
    Options
    I have two little ones, 4 and 2. After my first, I used a calorie counter and lost all my baby weight :D after my second, I relied on breast feeding for weight loss. Breast feeding went well, weight loss did not! I stress ate my way through a divorce and ended up at 235 (eek), lost 6lbs so far just from limiting calories. I would like to get down to 170 at least and eventually 150 (I'm 5'11")
    We go for walks and I do yoga videos some nights after the kids go to bed, but that's about it. I'm getting all my ducks in a row to go back to school spring quarter, planning to take a cardio class while I'm there to help with the weight loss :)
    I know what you mean about the belly/arms. My arms need work, I swear, I envy women who say everything goes straight to their hips, because for me, it goes straight to my arms!
  • sjewell79
    sjewell79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i have a 8, 5 and 4 year old. when they were smaller i would workout while they napped or after they were in bed. I am really strict with bed time 8:00 sharp! Not only is it a good routine for them and beneficial for their daily activities it gives my hubby and i some time and time to work out without it being so late. friend me if you'd like and we can do it together :)
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've got a 2 year old son and I'm trying to get back on the healthy/fitness wagon. I'm working out in the mornings right now before I go to work. Luckily, I have a treadmill in our basement, so I just throw a DVD in and walk, walk, walk. Looking to eventually lose 100 pounds.....starting out here at 284. I'm doing South Beach, because I suffer from PCOS. I just started that diet 3 days ago and feel amazing!! Looking for friends and a support network!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    My kids are 8,3 & 1 :)
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi! My son is 6 months old. I got back to my pre-preg weight about a month ago. I was trying to lose 70lb before I got pregnant, I made it to 34... So now I'm back to lose the remaining 36lbs.

Finding time to workout is so hard! My son was in the super clingy, separation anxiety phase last month...sucked. I had to workout for 10mins, stop, kiss him, hug, start again, lol. Now he's crawling, I get about 20-30 mins, haha. My hubby works out of state so it's just me and baby. Plus I work full time. I'm dying for a good long workout in a gym.... :((. I do Turbo Fire and some Jillian Michael's vids at home
  • DHall42312
    DHall42312 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started as well. I have a 9mo son and am back to pre pregnancy everything except body image. I plan on wearing him in a carrier while doing a majority of my workouts. So if you have a decent carrier that might work, or doing workouts during his awake time with him and then other ones during nap time. :)
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I've got a 5 year old and a 19 month old. The 5 year old is able to entertain himself while I'm working out. I put the baby in his pack & play with toys and a snack. It's just part of his daily routine at this point, and he likes to watch me workout . Lately, I've caught him trying to do some of the moves, so cute! I hate to have to keep him contained, but he's always trying to get into everything he shouldn't, and I'd never get any exercise in otherwise. I keep reminding myself that I'm doing it for his sake as well as mine; he'll be happier with a healthier mama who is with him for the long-term.
  • freerebecca
    freerebecca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom of a two year old! You would think that would keep you active, but I have about 15 pounds to lose. I'm just looking for some mutual support and encouragement! Everyone feel free to add me!
  • CharlaRae12
    Options
    Hi! I have a 21 month old and an 8 month old. I am finally back to (my first) pre-pregnancy weight, but still don't fit in my old jeans! I totally know what you mean about the extra skin/fat thing on the lower belly...does that ever go away? I still have 4-5 pounds to lose to be at my "ideal" weight for my height, maybe that will help? :S

As far as the babies, I work out while they nap. Which means there are some days that I run out of time for other important things like dishes and laundry!! I also work part-time from home, so spare time is hard to come by.
  • simonelockwood85
    Options
    Hello, im 27 years old and i have 3 boys they are 9, 7 and 18 months old, im from nsw australia and im here to shed the baby weight i have put on over the years of pregnancy and laziness. i have a good 30-40 kilos id like to lose.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids, 2 under the age of 2. I did this 3 years ago and lost almost 45 pounds. This time I have considerably less to lose. But it can definitely be done.
  • KTwalksThePlank
    KTwalksThePlank Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    totally know what you mean about the extra skin/fat thing on the lower belly...does that ever go away? I still have 4-5 pounds to lose to be at my "ideal" weight for my height, maybe that will help? :S

I have no idea, I hope so! My old jeans fit, but that little pillow is right above my pantline! Bahhh
  • KTwalksThePlank
    KTwalksThePlank Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I added all you mamas!
    Thanks for the replies, and I can't WAIT to start losing this baby "flub."

Good luck to us all! <3
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and have a 6 yearold and a 3 yearold. I work full time and my hubby stays at home. Anyone can add me if they want to.
  • Meg_Rothermel
    Meg_Rothermel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!!

I'm 25 years old, and a mother of a soon to be 2 year old. The pregnancy weight isnt an issue, it's what I gained AFTER she was born. Someone please tell me I'm not alone here...?

Anyways, I have never weighed this much in my life, and I'd like to get my butt back in shape for multiple reasons.

I started with a goal of losing 50, but when I get there, I might change and make it more.

I've been going to the gym daily with my husband, and of course he's losing weight way faster than I ever would... But I have to keep motivated to get healthy!

Feel free to add me :)
  • kbogati
    kbogati Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have 5 and 3 yr old sons. mostly i make them go play in their room while i work out, but if im doing something easier (or just something little extra for the day) i have them do it with me. my 5 yr old likes tae bo and my 3 yr old loves yoga. I also take them walking as often as possible. i figure its good to get them into the habit of exercising too.
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    I have a 1 y/o, 11 y/o, and 12 y/o and I am a stay at home Mom. I have finally gotten to my pre-pregnancy weight thank goodness, considering I gained a ton because I had quit smoking as soon as I found out I was pregnant.

I work out everyday for roughly an hour. I put my daughter on my bed with lots of toys and I exercise in my bedroom. 9 times out of 10, she will just play, dance, and entertain herself but today for some reason, she was not happy. She will usually go to sleep before I am finished which helps a lot. I just make time to exercise and try my best for her not to interfere. If she fusses, I let her fuss for a while...if she cries, then I tend to her. Luckily, she hasn't started walking yet although it is going to be any day now!

Feel free to add me if you'd like, I am a regular on here and always looking for new friends and support! I will try my best to motivate and encourage you all as well. :)
  • hreu213
    hreu213 Posts: 76
    Options
    I have 4 year old! :)

I gained 30kg while i was pregnant, but within a year was almost back at my pre-pregnancy weight.
    Unfortunately, over the last year I have dealt with my stress from studying full time and being a solo mum, by eating and sitting around... and I have 17kg to lose again!

Just started the 90 day Tapout XT challenge! :) hoping for amazing result from this!

Feel free to add me!